Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
We are seeing this preseason what is happening when a) the league doesn't police bad hits appropriately and b) players feel they need to police things themselves due to rats

If the league suspended Xhekaj after last game (like they should have), he doesn't get the opportunity to make this hit. If Greig gets 5 and a game for his late high hit on Dach (Which he should have), this hit doesn't happen either.

League is behind the ball when it comes to actually stopping this type of scummy play

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
The refs looked at it and switched it from a hit to the head to interference after the fact (still a deserved 5 minutes and a game) not sure how that will factor in but at ice level they reviewed and switched it. Hated the hit when I watched it, not necessary at all

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
What are you talking about? the ref was already standing on Xhekaj by that point, he didn't want Brady to land any cheap shots on his head since he couldn't defend himself at that point. That's not a turtle my guy lol.

If Brady wanted to actually fight him, he shouldn't have pulled him down. But it doesn't look like Brady wanted any part of actually fighting Xhekaj on their skates, and I can't say I blame him.
Lol Brady is not afraid of Xhekaj, I can promise you that.

Remember when he ran the gauntlet and beat up every single Montreal dman over the course of the season during the Covid season? I'm sure he'd be happy to do it again, except now he knows it would be a horrible tradeoff for his team to take off a pylon like Xhekaj for 5 minutes.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
"hits like this happen all the time in hockey"

yes, I'm aware flying blindside headshots happen all the time. and they're usually followed with a major+game misconduct and a multi-game suspension.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Stutzle hit his head with his own stick. Period.

Stutzle screwed Stutzle

except you're leaving out the part when Xhekaj hit him in the head, while jumping, from his blindside.

the Refs review these things now. there's no sense in defending it anymore.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Blood or not that's still a bad hit.

Dude takes himself out of position and actively tries to catch Stutzle with something as he passes.

Given he just got fined 3k for the Pare incident i wouldn't be surprised if Xhekaj gets suspended for this.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
except you're leaving out the part when Xhekaj hit him in the head, while jumping, from his blindside.

You should watch the video with your eyes open this time.

Reactions: FLHabs

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Montreal is like that chick that says she hates drama and it just follows her everywhere. As if she has nothing to do with the drama.

If every game you play you're involved in dirty plays - maybe you are the dirty team. It's simple.

Reactions: Bileur

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Stutzle hit his head with his own stick. Period.

Stutzle screwed Stutzle
This. Lots of posters on here gonna feel real dumb once they see the angle that CLEARLY shows Xhekaj barely grazed Stuzle and just caught his hands which made him hit himself with his own stick lmao

Reactions: ElQuebecois

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Lol you think that's Brady who's afraid to drop them there? Brady is the one who goes over to ask if he wants it, Xhakej chooses to grab him with his gloves still on instead of dropping them like a man.

Xhakej clearly wants none of Brady, even though it would be a sweet tradeoff for his team, he still won't take that fight. Don't blame him one bit. There is no doubt Brady would pummel him into the ice like he did Chiarot and Weber.

• Haha
Reactions: Levard and KILLger

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Look at the video man, Xhekaj didn't jump nor did he even make contact with Strudel.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
Lol Brady is not afraid of Xhekaj, I can promise you that.

Remember when he ran the gauntlet and beat up every single Montreal dman over the course of the season during the Covid season? I'm sure he'd be happy to do it again, except now he knows it would be a horrible tradeoff for his team to take off a pylon like Xhekaj for 5 minutes.
Didn't Brady chicken out of fighting Arber last season?

• Haha
Reactions: SpezDispenser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad