Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
We are learning so much tonight thanks to Habs fans.

So not dropping the gloves after a dirty hit and not answering the bell is not turtling. Turtling is when you keep your gloves on and you move them above your head. So much nuance here. Just like the Habs pre-season coaches challenge for offside on a goal. Incredible stuff. We're learning tonight!
You should clearly learn what "turtling" mean. Going down with your glove protecting your head is turtling. Keeping your gloves on and doing a wrestling match isn't turtling. Pretty basic logic

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I love when people who have nothing valid to actually say, extend a correct and valid point to absurd levels.

First off while the hit on Dach was about a second late, it wasn't a dirty hit but more of a push with no intent to injure.

OTOH WIFI not only tried to head shot Stutzle, Stutzle did nothing to Dach.

I am old school and hate how pussafied the game is getting but it's stupid shit like this and stupid ass comments like yours that actually denegrate the physicality in hockey.
Advocates of pussafied hockey see that play and say "see get rid of all violence" and people who read your low IQ comment read it and say "see the violence in hockey creates fans who justify dirty shit.

Here what should of happened in this game and the previous one,

The hitter fights the goon and you move on and if the player refuses you keep badgering him or fight their goon.

What you dont do is jump a guy who isnt willing to fight or wasn't ready, nor do you target a guy who had nothing to do with the play and isnt a fighter.
Pretty sure the Sens injured two or three of the Habs players in last year's preseason and nothing really came of it.

They had it coming.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Stutzle stick should have had that 5 and game. Xhekaj hit was late but not to the head

Nothingburger? Both hits were late. Grieg started it all with a late hit. Xhekaj wanted to return the favor

Yeah like the beating he got from last year I suppose

I wasn't arguing any of that...are you confused?

I said "bad play, bad player"

Let me know if you're still having trouble understanding what I mean by that or who I'm talking about.

I think the whole room knows, except you.

Hint: it's the guy in the title. The guy this thread is about.

Bad play. Bad player.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Jumping on someone =/= challenging. Which is what Brady did in the event you're referencing. There was no jumping Reaves, Kassian, Kastelic etc. on Xhekaj's part. He did it to Paré because he had to chase him around the ice and the coward wouldn't go. Nobody asked Xhekaj to go in tonight's game.

There isn't a hockey fan on earth worth conversing with that doesn't think Arber takes any and every opportunity going forward to square up and fight Brady Tkachuk off any face off for the rest of their careers.

Yeah, I'm an Ottawa fan, and I'm getting annoyed that a few of our fans are trying to push this "turtling" narrative on Xhekaj.

The fight was just a wrestling match in a pretty non eventful confrontation. Just describe what it was instead of trying to get an edge in an internet argument.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Some clarification in case no one posted it here:

Struble commented on the hit and said this:

- They come at our best we go at theirs
- 5-6 guys asked Grieg to drop, he didn’t want to. That made it open season on their guys.

The hit might have been dirty but the Sens just set themselves up for that, if you want to goon it up you better be ready for payback.

If I'm the Habs I send up a few goons to stay on the fourth line ready to make trouble and avoid something like this.
What a crazy mentality that is man.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Montreal did not start this. Both time a dirty hit was made on an important piece of the club and both times no one wanted to answer the bell.

It was a pretty clean game before the Grieg hit and Montreal will keep playing clean unless some late/dirty hit happens then they’ll respond accordingly.

Montreal started this years ago with the exact same player this thread is about.

If the league wasn't a joke they'd punish the player and the franchise for continuing to put the player out there preseason after preseason to injure others.

Laine is karma. Simple Habs fan logic so you can understand it.

Until the league comes down on the Habs franchise for putting out the same player who injures others preseason after preseason - the Habs will continue to see their players take cheapshots right back and what happened to Laine is an unfortunate end result of the Habs putting out a violent coward on the ice and the league not stepping up to prevent it.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
It’s a very clear indication of the mindset of the players on that bench. Also shown in the Struble post game. The hit was retribution the players are making it very clear. It’s back to back games where Xhekaj crossed the line looking for retribution. League has to do something significant.

Also the hit wasn’t downgraded he was given a major. As well as a 10 minute misconduct.
It was downgraded from a hit to head.

And you can believe what you want, but that's literally every Xhekaj game. He's always on thin ice. I wish he would time his hits better, but the hit wasn't "dirty" outside of being late. Like the Greig hit.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Montreal did not start this. Both time a dirty hit was made on an important piece of the club and both times no one wanted to answer the bell.

It was a pretty clean game before the Grieg hit and Montreal will keep playing clean unless some late/dirty hit happens then they’ll respond accordingly.
Cool, hopefully you're okay with other teams going after Suzuki or Caufield the next time Xhekaj or this Stubble character hurt someone else.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

Xhekaj has been injuring players on dirty hits in the preseason since 2021.

I guess all their injuries this year were just appropriate responses.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
You're the one saying the dirty hits are retaliation for other dirty hits. Considering Xhekaj started it, maybe all the dirty hits on Habs players are just retaliation, and thus justified.

Again, I'm just going by your own reasoning here.

Unless you are insinuating that Xhekaj is a time traveller? Dunno. Just trying to follow your logic here.
he did not start anything , hes been responding to free hits since years because refs never does shit about it. Our team got records of dirty hits and people never respond , hes been the only guy to respond on the ice because the veterans are doing jack shit. there is a reason why hes loved in MTL

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Xhekaj is a guy who gets his rocks off in the preseason, but come October, he just becomes another plug who can’t keep up.

The Habs do have some good defenseman coming though so he won’t be in the league much longer.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Fringe player who spent the season going up and down from the NHL to the AHL, fighting for a roster spot, directly costs his team a preseason game.

May have just ruined his career. Probably better off at Costco selling $1.50 hot dogs. Cya!

• Haha
Reactions: Speatleysson

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Jumping on someone =/= challenging. Which is what Brady did in the event you're referencing. There was no jumping Reaves, Kassian, Kastelic etc. on Xhekaj's part. He did it to Paré because he had to chase him around the ice and the coward wouldn't go. Nobody asked Xhekaj to go in tonight's game.

There isn't a hockey fan on earth worth conversing with that doesn't think Arber takes any and every opportunity going forward to square up and fight Brady Tkachuk off any face off for the rest of their careers.
Sure there are.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Montreal started this years ago with the exact same player this thread is about.

If the league wasn't a joke they'd punish the player and the franchise for continuing to put the player out there preseason after preseason to injure others.

Laine is karma. Simple Habs fan logic so you can understand it.

Until the league comes down on the Habs franchise for putting out the same player who injures others preseason after preseason - the Habs will continue to see their players take cheapshots right back.
No, Stutzle is Karma. Laine has nothing to do with this thread and you know it.

Cool, hopefully you're okay with other teams going after Suzuki or Caufield the next time Xhekaj or this Stubble character hurt someone else.
Well, if a 4th liner goes after another team top player with a late & dirty hit and refuse to answer the bell afterward I fully expect the other team to go after Montreal star players.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Well if they hurt him with a cheap hit, there is no 5 min call and they refuse to fight, I fully expect the other team to go after our players. Have you watched hockey before!? This is the way it's been forever

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Terrible decision by Wifi but you're also dealing with a team that's probably immensely on edge when it comes to injuries and reckless plays. Wouldn't be surprised to see this happening again if they feel one of our players is getting targeted. It's undisciplined but Habs players are probably ready to bite anyone's head off at any perceived dirty play.

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
I’m so tired of biased Habs fans not listening to the biased Sens fans.
I just think it’s absurd to believe that it was more likely that Xhekaj intentionally made Stützle hit himself with his stick rather than him going for the headshot and narrowly missing.

I just think it’s absurd to believe that it was more likely that Xhekaj intentionally made Stützle hit himself with his stick rather than him going for the headshot and narrowly missing.
That’s it! That’s all I’m arguing. What do yo believe is more plausible?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad