Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Stupid yes, but at some point you need to send a message. The refs dropped the ball again when they didn't give a 5 to Greig and then he didn't drop the gloves. What do you expect happens next!? That happens.
No It was just stupid

Kirby sent a message right now by pummeling him

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Very necessary. When a franchise has a history of trying to injure others in preseason, they should not be surprised when other teams return the favor.
Montreal is clearly sending a message here. Both times, it was an opposing player who started this and not wanting to answer the bell.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
No It was just stupid

Kirby sent a message right now by pummeling him
Well I disagree, sometimes you need to fight fire with fire. Specially in pre season. Not always, but 2 games in a row, turning the other cheek, f*** this.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Both hits being discussed in this thread are warranted of penalties. WiFi’s hit has absolutely horrendous optics. 100% violent intent where as greig was just kind of instinctively a dick head in the moment.

Preseason is a money grab. Teams should get ready with an in-squad scrimmages. I just watch these games holding my breath the whole time
I'd be okay with in-squad scrimmages.

But you can't tell players like Xhekaj or Greig to ease up, when they're playing other teams, because they're not even full-time NHLers. They need to do what they think will get them a roster spot. In-squad scrimmages they would definitely hold back though and it would prevent these things.

Xhekaj always has vicious intent. Doesn't mean he's trying to seriously hurt someone long-term, but he's most definitely going to put everything he has into every single hit because he wants to win the game.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Montreal is clearly sending a message here. Both times, it was an opposing player who started this and not wanting to answer the bell.

Yeah that they meltdown over nothingburgers and all they can offer is blindside hits to the head. Oh and they turtle like little bitches if they don't have half a foot, 50 pounds and a tired opponent to drop the gloves with.

Ad

Ad

Ad