OT: x - Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (10-7) - Tough one. Failure to clinch division. Hoping for BC win. - Next at MTL Oct 26 300pm

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
more good then bad, couple drops and missed fg's kept the game closer then it should have been, gotta fix that run d

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
To be fair, this same Bombers D held what was at the time the leading contender for MOP to just 4 first downs and derailed his season. I think Ford is a fine QB, just this Bombers D is REALLY good.
Tre is slow minded. His progressions are slow and he panicks after is 1st/2nd reads aren't there and I don't think he is athletic enough to worry too much about when everything breaks down.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Horribly underthrown ball, looked like an easy pick for Alexander. Somehow becomes a TD.
Alexander was totally static, stood there waiting for the ball to get to him, somehow not thinking that the opponent would also want the ball and make a move to actively go get it. It was the same passive approach Willie Jefferson used when he let the other team jump all over him on that onside kick a couple of games ago. I think Ford would have been more aggressive on that pass, surging forward to at least create an incompletion if not a pick.

Generally speaking that was a scary game for the most part. Too close for comfort. Good thing Oliveira was there to save the day; I guess he got some blocking too, so good for the hogs. I thought the Bombers' lesser-light receivers also did well.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Gauthier, despite being listed as the starter, didn't play any snaps on D last game. It was Tony Jones and David Ayers at LB. With Kyrie back it'll be Jones and Wilson at LB.
Maybe I was thinking back to Bighill's first injury against HAM where I was sure Gauthier had a few snaps in that middle - but nevertheless, your point stands as I saw in yesterday's game: they have their LBs playing most of those snaps and far back in coverage. Although, maybe that was more of a gameplan since it looked like they had two spies on Tre Ford the whole game and forced him to beat him with his throwing arm (which he didn't do); but WPG struggled in the actual running game like I would have expected without Bighill's positioning and instructing where his teammates should go. Hopefully they figure out how to gel without that presence as they approach the post-season.

Otherwise: Collaros had a rough first half, but Oliveira looked fantastic and helped his QB have a better second half - but it's obvious he's missing his reliable receivers like Schoen and Wolitarsky who can find space in a way that Collaros can spot them and make the safe plays to march down the field. I also thought* that Brandon Alexander had an awful game, and not just because he/Ford both played the flea flicker TD miserably - just all around lacklustre effort playing for turnovers instead of making a tackle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad