OT: x - Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (10-7) - Tough one. Failure to clinch division. Hoping for BC win. - Next at MTL Oct 26 300pm

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
2 missed field goals.......

bombers o line has to be able to handle the eastern teams d line if they have any chance at a sniff at a cupo
We handled their D Line in the 2nd half much better, enough to claw our way back, and incidentally without hitting the upright, we win this game. I'd say we hung with Toronto fairly well considering their post-season was at stake if they didn't win this.

Reactions: snowkiddin

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
They made it interesting in the end, but too many mistakes (poorly executed first half, Castillo's misses, costly fumble on the first drive of the second half, way too many sacks) were too much to overcome.

Feels like this is a team that can win in the playoffs so long as they can score 2TDs + 1-3FGs with the way their defence can play - but they can't take this long to get rolling if their offensive line struggles that often that early in a game. Key lessons to be learnt: let's see if they adjust accordingly.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Sucks to lose but after the half we played much better. Would like to see adjustments earlier next game.

Too many costly mistakes f***ed us, but it’s not a bad thing to get this lose out of the system now.

Bombers were finding ways to win these games the past few years but then losing in the Grey Cup. I’d much rather lose tonight if we can learn from it in time for the playoffs.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think the biggest bummer about the Bombers current state is how hard aging hit the o-line.

We've obviously seen guys start to decline as they get up there but at first it was pretty simple. A Bighill here, a Harris there. You can swap guys out even if you see a bit of a dropoff.

You cannot however replace an entire unit of guys if they all start to go at once. Neufeld looks like he's cooked, Bryant is still solid but even he's a pretty far cry away from the once immovable brick wall that he was when he first signed here. Doesn't help they let Hardrick walk and Couture decided to go home (don't blame him at all, you do you man)

Nobody in the west scares me. They've already shown they can handle business against both the Riders and BC. The problem becomes if you make it to the dance and are almost guaranteed to have one of Montreal or Toronto waiting. Both of whom shitkicked the Bombers o-line already. On the positive, they've already proven they can adapt given they ripped off 8 straight wins and a large part of that was the o-line getting its shit together.

TL;DR - don't panic, but i don't blame people for being a bit concerned.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
The Good: The defence
The Bad: The offence
The Ugly: Castillo's kicks.

Not much really to say. Bombers left points on the table and it burned them. Winnable game. But with 2 shots at first I am not concerned. Also a little dose of reality before the playoffs is not always the worst thing.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $681.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki