GDT: x-CAR - CHI - Teamwork. It keeps our players gruntled.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I mean, I'm trying to give Mike a chance, but he's making it really difficult. I can ignore the mispronouncing of names or the more-than-occasional stumbling over his words. But I really can't stand the over-the-top excitement he puts out there over routine plays, especially when they misconstrue what actually happened. I can't count how many times he's screamed himself hoarse over a "save" on a shot that clearly went wide/high.
I’m so with you. To me the bigger problem is Tripp unleashed. Grandiose praise for routine plays all the time. Talking about how cerebral the play was, how the player knew what everyone is was thinking and crediting the coaching staff for not only empowering the player to make such a magnificent dump in but encouraging it....and let’s not forget the conditioning coaches that make it all happen.

Reactions: Unsustainable
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I mean, I'm trying to give Mike a chance, but he's making it really difficult. I can ignore the mispronouncing of names or the more-than-occasional stumbling over his words. But I really can't stand the over-the-top excitement he puts out there over routine plays, especially when they misconstrue what actually happened. I can't count how many times he's screamed himself hoarse over a "save" on a shot that clearly went wide/high.

For me what bugs me is the goal calls are full sentences long. He uses his “he scores” voice, then keeps the voice as he summarizes the specifics of the play.

Rick Davis

Dec 31, 2020
Everything below is the honest truth:

First I read that as “ass ramming”. Then I kept scrolling, and finally processed what I had just seen, but remembered it as “ass ramming from Rod”. And I scrolled back up to make a Tobias Fünke joke, only to find out I misread it on both counts. Which makes me the Tobias here.

Perhaps not my best attempt at a metaphor…I’ll try to do better next time…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad