WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Anyone going to do a Wrestlemania thread? Not sure how active the board is but I would love to talk wrestling.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Adnan Virk has been hired by the WWE and will now be the play-by-play announcer for RAW. He is replacing Tom Phillips who was removed from WrestleMania due to COVID-19 protocols and some are speculating that Phillips now might be gone completely from WWE.

av.jpg

from wrestlinginc.com:

Adnan Virk will be taking over play-by-play commentary on WWE RAW starting this Monday, Wrestling Inc. has learned.

Virk will be replacing Tom Phillips, who had been handling play-by-play duties on the show since last year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And apparently there will be a completely new announcing team tomorrow night on RAW:

No official word on any changes to the announcing team over on Smackdown. :dunno:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Adnan Virk is awesome but I'm not sure if that will transfer to wrestling. I'm not even sure if he's a fan.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Going to be weird seeing Virk do RAW.

Also, a post-Mania RAW without fans is a shame. Understandable, but a shame.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well, there will definitely be a triple threat for the women's title

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Adnan Virk is awesome but I'm not sure if that will transfer to wrestling. I'm not even sure if he's a fan.

There was an article on The Athletic that said Michael Cole was the one that had people reach out to Virk for a tryout. When Virk was asked by his agent "Do you know who Michael Cole is?", Virk said "Of course, he's the voice of Smackdown."

Virk also mentions that he has been a fan since the 80s with Hogan and Demolition being his favorites.

The voice of WWE Raw: Adnan Virk talks about his 'shocking' new job, plans for the role and moving on from ESPN

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
There was an article on The Athletic that said Michael Cole was the one that had people reach out to Virk for a tryout. When Virk was asked by his agent "Do you know who Michael Cole is?", Virk said "Of course, he's the voice of Smackdown."

Virk also mentions that he has been a fan since the 80s with Hogan and Demolition being his favorites.

The voice of WWE Raw: Adnan Virk talks about his 'shocking' new job, plans for the role and moving on from ESPN

Is he a fan of the current product though?

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Is he a fan of the current product though?
if he knew Cole was the voice of Smackdown, which he has only been doing since 2019, then I'd I would guess he's a fan of the current product.

Although I guess you can split the line between somebody who watches the current product (and may do so because of their kids) and somebody who is truly a fan.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
if he knew Cole was the voice of Smackdown, which he has only been doing since 2019, then I'd I would guess he's a fan of the current product.

Although I guess you can split the line between somebody who watches the current product (and may do so because of their kids) and somebody who is truly a fan.

Yeah but someone that hasn't watched in years could still think Cole is the voice of Smackdown since he was Smackdown's main commentator from like 1999 to 2008.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
It’s been mentioned before, but whoever does hair and makeup for WWE needs to be fired.
How do you mess up someone as good looking as Mandy Rose?
Google Billie Kay in real life. Pretty woman. On TV they give her fire engine red lipstick that overwhelms her features. It’s brutal.
I’m married to a makeup artist, and have come to see that less is more, and more is usually hideous.

Reactions: CDJ

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I like Kofi and Woods but I think it's about time they turn heel and go back to their 2015 characters. I always thought they could be the next Edge and Christian. Big E too but he has more main event potential.

Reactions: Kaner9

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I like Kofi and Woods but I think it's about time they turn heel and go back to their 2015 characters. I always thought they could be the next Edge and Christian. Big E too but he has more main event potential.

Agreed I love new day but they need a change to spruce things up. Being villains again would be great and if Big E is in the main event that's only a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad