Confirmed Trade: [WSH/VGK] Logan Thompson for 2024 3rd (83OA) and 2025 3rd

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Caps fans, will he be your #1? When we signed Hill last year there were rumors he was upset we saw Hill as our #1 and not him. If he's the Caps #1 then I think LT himself will like this trade.
I suspect they'll go into the season with Lindgren as the #1, but given that he's only had one "good" season, I'm sure Thompson will have his chances to be the guy.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1719680263897.png

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
This is so f***ing stupid. Who cares if he's a little inconsistent? He was a better goalie than Hill last season. Vegas wins a cup and then just keeps finding ways to annoy me as a fan.

Between this and Connelly I'm really pissed at this front office right now.

Only way this makes sense is if they can swing something for Askarov or Knight. If the plan is spending an extra 2m to run Hill and Brossoit? on the IR it's incompetence from Mcrimmon at it's finest.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Really great trade for the Caps, I didn't think Thompson would move after last year. He outplayed Hill at points and I don't think he was the reason they lost that Stars series at all. He arguably shouldn't have been taken out for Hill as well in that series

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
Really great trade for the Caps, I didn't think Thompson would move after last year. He outplayed Hill at points and I don't think he was the reason they lost that Stars series at all. He arguably shouldn't have been taken out for Hill as well in that series
Hill did have better numbers over Thompson, including a SO in that series.

Moving a league min contract seems stupid to me, but anything that makes Vegas worse is a win in my books.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Hill did have better numbers over Thompson, including a SO in that series.

Moving a league min contract seems stupid to me, but anything that makes Vegas worse is a win in my books.

Yeah for sure but he didn't lose Vegas that series or any of those games personally watching it, I thought Vegas's legs just went as that series went along

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
One of Lindgren or Thompson will be trade bait in March of next year. Both are good goalies who make nothing and can be near zero cap cost adds for some contender.

Honestly thought the Caps would’ve been fine rolling with Lindgren/Shepard/Stevenson next year but the value was too good here.

I’d almost guarantee one of them gets flipped for more value than this at next Spring’s TDL.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Well...on the plus side, from a Team Canada perspective...we'll get to find out more definitively if Logan Thompson is actually any good, or basically just a product of the Vegas system.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Caps fans, will he be your #1? When we signed Hill last year there were rumors he was upset we saw Hill as our #1 and not him. If he's the Caps #1 then I think LT himself will like this trade.
He'll be the Caps starter if he plays better than Lindgren. It's really that simple.

The Caps don't play favorites with goalies. They learned the hard way with Samsonov and Vanacek.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad