Get rid of the NMC

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
....that whole collective bargaining agreement thing. Not sure if the OP thinks the NHL could just unilaterally remove NMCs without the NHLPA getting involved.

Maybe the OP should approach a player and tell him "I get that uprooting your family on short notice is rough, but don't you understand that I need the entertainment?"

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"Make players rights worse so I can have more fun watching trades"

NMC are okay, but they’re supposed to cost the player in AAV for every year of NMC

That’s not happening, agents are taking the GM’s to school and it’s really ruining the league.

A NMC should take at least 10%-15% off the AAV

Maybe GMs should stop being stupid if they don't want to keep getting "taken to school" by agents.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
At first I read that as MMC and I was like damn someone really hated how fast he was at posting everything.

NMC should be limited to per team perhaps ? Like retention slots you can only have x amount.

Teams that have like 5, 6, 7 etc... do you really want that many especially when gms don't make players take less to get it ?

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
The players union won't go for it unless there's a considerable increase in cap space or something.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Sounds like you should be more mad at GMs that hand NMCs out like candy.

God forbid players exercise their contractural right, and basic human desire, to not want to completely uproot themselves on the whims of others, even recognizing that players are well-compensated.

I agree GM's do hand them out like candy but I think it's because with the cap, they don't have a lot of tools to lure a player from another team.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Telling players to ditch the NMC is like telling owners to drop the salary cap. Once secured, they will never give up their prize in CBA negotiations.

GMs can certainly decline to offer them to secondary support players, as they do today, but NMCs are a fact of life for the stars.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Makes free agency and the trade deadline boring as hell. Seems like every team has a couple scrubs with NMCs.
Good luck with that, the players would never accept it in the next cba negotiations. Lost a season just to get a salary cap. How long do you see this going before the players say "duh yeah we agree, get rid of the NMC/NTC" ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad