Confirmed Trade: [WSH/LAK] Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper (no salary retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I get why LA did this, but no clue why Wsh does this. Kuemper is an easier buyout that PLD if he doesn't get back to at least 60 pts.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
So who won this trade? I think I'd rather gamble on buying at the low for a 25 year-old PLD and hope he turns things around like an Evander Kane than a 34 year old goalie for the next 3 years. I'm not sure how much improvements the Kings can make with that extra 3 million in cap space in the next three years.

I can't think of the Kings as winners regardless of how PLD's career goes.

They've now given up Iafallo, Vilardi, Kupari and a 2nd for Kuemper and one bad year of Dubois.

For the Caps, they win the trade if PLD lives up to his contract. Which if I'm being honest, isn't totally unlikely with the cap going up and the kid growing up.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I don't think there's any issue with Washington wanting to give Dubois a shot. He's shown a lot of good things throughout the course of his career on the ice. I think what is genuinely bonkers is accepting the commitment he represents and to only dump Kuemper for it.

Similarly to the Canadiens acquiring a really overpriced Gomez 15 years ago. Okay, you like the player and believe in him. But you're giving up McDonagh and Higgins for a chance to do so when everyone considers his contract and albatross?

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Just wait until Blake uses his new phone money to give Lizotte a raise and Roy a new extension.

I don’t hate this trade, but I don’t like it either

In a perfect world this is done to put Byfield back at center and sign him long-term and then get a big physical good left shot defenseman

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
So who won this trade? I think I'd rather gamble on buying at the low for a 25 year-old PLD and hope he turns things around like an Evander Kane than a 34 year old goalie for the next 3 years. I'm not sure how much improvements the Kings can make with that extra 3 million in cap space in the next three years.
The first three years make it a wash of a trade really. It's the risk of the next 4 after that. If PLD turns back into a 30/30 guy who plays hard, it's a steal. If he doesn't...well it's $8.5 million against the cap for a guy who doesn't want to play hockey.

The Kings just weren't willing to take the risk...and they're right up against the cap with players to sign.

Reactions: cheesymc

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Some of these comments are comical. Especially the ones before they knew about the return.

This is a circumstantial type trade. Caps badly need a center to play with Ovi. And the Caps probably realized what I have said over and over again.... The clear trend here is Dubois produces when he plays in a high usage role with talent and fades in the shadows when he doesn't. I bet you he produces this year with Ovi.

Go ahead and put your foot in your mouth before you see the results. "Caps are dumb"

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Seems like a no brainer for LA and Blake is a braindead moron so it makes sense. I do like this deal and can't believe it's real. No salary retained?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This feels like move of desperation from the Caps....They do not need to do this...

Who knows maybe this time PLD comes to play....

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Hm I wonder who traded for Dubois and then gave him that boat anchor of a contract

We%27re_All_Trying_To_Find_The_Guy_Who_Did_This_banner_1.jpg
Understanding you made a mistake, and fixing it, well that's what grown ups do. But let's keep focusing on the previous part 🤷🤭

Post was all tongue in cheek anyways, nice meme Pic I may just steal that for other occasions

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
No Rob Blake didn't save his job, he made the PLD trade in the first place, then signed him long term before he played a game... then traded him a year later. Blake is cooked.
Why Blake
LA badly needed a starter and they now have one . And they got out of the PLD contract and exported the locker room cancer.

Doughty is happy now. I don't think him and PLD got along.
Kuemper is no more a starter he was Charlie fkn Lindgren s backup he s conpletely washed up...Blake need to be fired as soon as possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad