Confirmed Trade: [WSH/LAK] Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper (no salary retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
As bad as PLD has been, the dude is only 25 yrs old. Why are we giving up on him this earlly

I actually think the Kings got bent over.

If the smoke around him is true? He could be a massive cancer in the dressing room. First with the BJS there was a problem, he upset some people in the peg and now LA.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Everyone is cheering LA for getting out of the contract. Buy watch PLD bounce back next year and actually earn his contract. I wouldn't write him off after 1 bad year.

By all means, he may bounce back but that commitment from Washington only to get rid of Kuemper is bonkers. Small wonder LA wasn't going to buy Dubois out if a deal like this was out there.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
This is fantastic for the East. Choke on that cap hit Washington.

Horrific trade. And as a Sens fan, I know all about horrific trades.

• Haha
Reactions: DRAGO 18

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ummm people acting like the Kings didn’t also take back a 34 year-old goalie due $15.75 million these next three years and who had a 3.31 GAA and 0.890 SV% while thoroughly losing his job to a career backup.

The Kings didn’t just dump PLD for nothing…

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You also have to remember the Kings had Kuemper and basically gave him away for free to sign Cal Petersen whom they had to pay to get of last year.
So its Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, Durzi, Walker, Grans, 2nd round pick, paying salary retention to Columbus for Provorov all just to end up with a guy they gave away for nothing in his prime in Kuemper.
It is insane Rob Blake still has a job.
Jesus, when you put it like that...that makes me sad.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
They treated him like a 3c cause he was playing like a 4c

Like playing a scoring winger in a shut down role and being surprised he's not effective. If he was a perfect player he wouldn't have gotten traded

Half way through the year with top 6 minutes and I'd bet the Caps are happy

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Both of these guys have the talent to make this trade look ridiculously stupid for one side of the other down the road.

But as of right now, this Caps fan is less than pleased. I didn't think Kuemper's value was so low. Or, that they are dumb enough to think PLD with that contract had positive value.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
As bad as PLD has been, the dude is only 25 yrs old. Why are we giving up on him this earlly

I actually think the Kings got bent over.

It's something in between.

The Kings kind of bent themselves over by trading for PLD in the first place and giving him that deal... now it gets percieved as a home run gettting out of it by taking on a 34 year old goalie with 3 years left at $5.25m.

Call me crazy, but I think this might actually be a home run for Washington.

Dubios is 25 years old. The cap is rising, and he's locked up through his prime. They get him while giving up a guy that might pass through waivers.

Reactions: OVO16

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I get the trade for both teams.

Washington are hoping for a former #3 ovr pick will bounce back. He also plays an important role and Washington will most likely suck ass after Ovie retires.

PLD will have like 2-3 good years and after that he will demand a trade for the 10th time during his tenure in Washington.

He had 40 points this season, f***ing hell...

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Caps fans where y'all at?
Curious to see what justification (if any) there may be for doing this. Kuemper behind Lindgren for 3 years would probably have been more palatable? Also in bringing in the cancer that is PLD, are they expecting him to be a vet that helps them somehow? Up the middle you guys had Strome - McMichael - Lapierre?? Is the plan to refurbish PLD into a #1 C somehow? Color me confused.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad