Confirmed Trade: [WSH/LAK] Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper (no salary retained)

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You also have to remember the Kings had Kuemper and basically gave him away for free to sign Cal Petersen whom they had to pay to get of last year.
So its Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, Durzi, Walker, Grans, 2nd round pick, paying salary retention to Columbus for Provorov all just to end up with a guy they gave away for nothing in his prime in Kuemper.
It is insane Rob Blake still has a job.
He’s Peter Chiarelli bad.

PuckNut

Oct 31, 2005
Edmonton
I was just thinking this and I think NHL teams are basically sending a message to the Leaugue thinking what most of us are probably thinking........

Why is it June 19th and there's still potentially two more SCF games?

So they're getting down to business.
Plus, if the series goes to seven it’s a huge crunch to get everything down prior to July 1. Teams can’t really wait.

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
They say buy low , so now PLD value his at zero but for me i think it's a good bet for DC the guy is only 25 and have already 3 60pts season i'm pretty sure he will bounce back . He is not as bad has everybody say.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Hear that Caps fans, PLD is "excited" to be going to Washington!

but I feel they could've given him a little more time...

His no-move was kicking in July 1st. It was now or he's a King until the contract expires. And by all accounts everyone, except Washington apparently, have seen enough.

Reactions: jfhabs

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Wow Rob Blake just saved his job. I'm shocked he was able to move PLD with zero retention.

What is Washington smoking?

Jeremey Roenick is losing it right now lol

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Wow Rob Blake just saved his job. I'm shocked he was able to move PLD with zero retention.

What is Washington smoking?

Jeremey Roenick is losing it right now lol
No Rob Blake didn't save his job, he made the PLD trade in the first place, then signed him long term before he played a game... then traded him a year later. Blake is cooked.

Reactions: theMajor

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Wow.

I know Dubois sucked this year but at the end of the day, there's been more good than bad in PLD's career. He can bounce back for sure, just like he did with the Jets after the first year.

The Kings better have something good up their sleeve for the cap space otherwise this whole situation turned into a major disaster.

For the Caps, Backstrom/Kuzy era is over. Someone has to play center, and top 6 centers will never be easy to get or cheap no matter what. It's easy to forget PLD is only 26 years old, so he actually fits in the Caps plans age-wise pretty well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad