Confirmed Trade: [WSH/LAK] Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper (no salary retained)

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Kuemper isn't much, but Blake wriggling off the hook after an horrendous trade is the real story.

The Caps must actually think they can salvage PLD. Good luck with that.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Blake bought himself a year on this move

Even if keumper comes in and shits the bed

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
This just replaces Backstrom's LTIR money and position. Kuemper could make a slight difference for LA.
this is a meh-meh trade with the upside possibly favoring Washington in a few years if PLD toes the line.

Reactions: Voight

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Is it just me or is it very odd that so many trades are happening while the finals are also still happening?
I was just thinking this and I think NHL teams are basically sending a message to the Leaugue thinking what most of us are probably thinking........

Why is it June 19th and there's still potentially two more SCF games?

So they're getting down to business.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This gamble makes sense for Washington though if they want to compete before Ovechkin retires. They desperately need help at center, there aren't great UFA options and they don't have the assets to make a trade for someone without risks. This lets them get someone younger and get out from Kuemper's awful contract.

Dradavich

Nov 29, 2019
Canada
The Capitals bought Capfriendly to do THIS?

pepelaugh.png

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
I do not understand why people think the pu-pu platter LA traded away was a big package. Vilardi will likely never be healthy and the rest of it nothing remotely special.
Vilardi played half the games, had more goals, similar points, and makes less than half of what PLD does.

I'll take that alone over PLD and the other assets in the trade.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
One reason that I can see why Washington did this is that they gave up zero long-term assets and just got much younger. Though that contract is a huge risk, if it pans out they got a young top-6 center as the older parts further age out.
This is super optimisitic. The only thing Dubois has shown on all his teams is how quickly he gives up. hes 26, not 23. He is who he is.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
How much Cap-space is Los Angeles getting in this deal.

Do they have space to add free agents

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad