PTO: [WSH] F Jakub Vrana + 18 others sign PTO with the Capitals

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Mike Hoffman in his prime was a 30 goal scorer. He hasn't sniffed that in ~4 years, and that was the only reason he was even in the league to begin with.
Mike Hoffman was a beast and very opportunistic scorer when he was in Ottawa until he was forced out of town on dressing room issues.

In regards to Vrana …. I think this will be his last kick at the cat! Odds are against him / mods I think this thread should be closed when Washington cuts him next week.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
I know nuance is difficult on a message board, but what I was implying is that the Capitals had a team culture of high flying, doing whatever they want, live fast for years.

I don't think it is surprising that we've seen multiple players succumb to early departures or disappointing ends from the league due to this.

We saw the same trend in Los Angeles. This isn't to say that the Capitals were wrong to enjoy life or that every player had a drug / alcohol problem. Just that the culture helped enable some of these players and ultimately shortened their careers.

You can blame it on age. And that is 100% part of it. But, not every player can be Alex Ovechkin eating Subway and Spaghetti every day as they age.
Besides Richards what other Kings players had their careers shortened from a live fast culture?

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Mike Hoffman was a beast and very opportunistic scorer when he was in Ottawa until he was forced out of town on dressing room issues.

In regards to Vrana …. I think this will be his last kick at the cat! Odds are against him / mods I think this thread should be closed when Washington cuts him next week.
Sorry, kick at the what now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad