Confirmed Trade: [WSH/CGY] Andrew Mangiapane for 2025 (Colorado) 2nd round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
He’s happy
IMG_2670.jpeg

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
look I'm a huge Mangipane fan myself and would love to have him in Vancouver if cap wasn't an issue but he hasn't been more of a middle 6 winger for 2 years now. He has been a 15 goal 40-45 point winger. No one is paying more than a 2nd for that especially when its at 5.8M. Given the salary, I'm actually surprised CGY was able to trade him and get an asset in return.

He's in the Garland tier of players, he makes 1M more than Garland.

Garland is one of the better even strength producers in the league, and he can legitimately drive his own line, everyone who plays with him looks better, period. Garland the definition of a "legit top 6 forward".

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
So is Calgary going full rebuild? Or are they clearing cap space to do something really dumb on July 1st?

WSH is continuing their zombie franchise mode of assembling a mid-enough roster to keep OV going.

Reactions: philip

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Oh baby, the tank is on in YYC.
Solid deal for both clubs. Mange is way overpaid, but a useful player that can elevate his game. Flames want to draft cap for sure.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Seems about right. Loved eat bread. He could play with heart, but was also inconsistent. Undersized and easy to knock off the puck and definitely overpaid. I didn't see him in the plans long term. The team has too have younger and tougher players who fill the same role.

Reactions: Boomstick

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I don't understand why the Washington Capitals of all teams are trading high picks for win-now players, especially guys with only 1 year left on their deal.
Washington has 16 picks in top 3 rounds next three years. trade one for a one year guy that if it doesnt work out you trade again and get likely the same pick back

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
One expensive year left under contract. I still like it. It gives you time to have a close look with the suspect and consider long term alliance.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Damn, gotta buy a new jersey.

Late 2nd with no retention is about what I expected.

My lord do we have a lot of cap space now. Hope they use it wisely

Reactions: Boomstick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad