Proposal: wpg-phi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
I wouldn't trade Sanheim for Trouba straight up. Trouba has more value currently but in a few days when Trouba signs his big contract and next year or the following both will be putting up the same numbers in the NHL Sanheim will have more value.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Streit was better in 14-15, and Ghost & Gudas were better in 15-16. MDZ was a healthy scratch for nine games in 14-15 for defensive reasons. In 15-16 his defense was much better, but his offense disappeared.

I think MDZ would have value to the Jets as a 2nd pairing LHD, but in a trade for a forward prospect + Stuart as a cap dump. Not for Trouba.

MDZ offense disappeared you said....right to the same level that Trouba produced at this year.

Would I rather Trouba? Of course. He fits the age and handedness better.

But again...this I'd not just MDZ vs Trouba. There is arguably a top 5 D prospect involved here too.

Why do we need to trade MDZ who is playing as a top pair Dman....for a cap dump in Stuart? That makes no sense. We don't need a mid-level prospect that bad.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Not looking to downgrade from Trouba to a prospect and cap dumps; thanks anyway.

Pass.

Del Zotto is a cap dump now? Right.

He's only 4 years older than Trouba, he's most likely the equal of Trouba for now and we're adding one of the top defensive prospects in hockey on top?

And you said no?!?!? Flyers hang up the phone.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Trouba 0.56 points/60 at 5 on 5, MDZ 0.38 points/60 at 5 on 5.

Trouba 2.32 points/60 on the PP, MDZ 1.64 points/60 on the PP.

Why do we need to trade MDZ who is playing as a top pair Dman....for a cap dump in Stuart? That makes no sense. We don't need a mid-level prospect that bad.

We certainly don't need to, but as a UFA I would like to see MDZ traded for something valuable if he's not going to be re-signed to a short-term, reasonably priced extension. That would open up a defenseman protection slot that Hextall could take advantage of in a pre-expansion draft trade.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

He's only 4 years older than Trouba, he's most likely the equal of Trouba for now and we're adding one of the top defensive prospects in hockey on top?

A pending UFA after this season that is traded for cap purposes (seriously, read the OP proposal) in-part in exchange for a 22 y/o RFA that is at least 4-years from UFA status is a cap dump in my view. He certainly is in no way a logical replacement for Trouba in the Jets lineup, either, but rather is a downgrade. The prospect Sanheim, while certainly having a bright future, isn't ready yet either to step into that role.

The Jets aren't rebuilding, they aren't looking to take a step back via a downgrade at D, not looking for an assortment of stuff in exchange for a stud in other words, thanks anyway.

Still a pass.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Trouba is better than Del Zotto right now.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
A pending UFA after this season that is traded for cap purposes (seriously, read the OP proposal) in-part in exchange for a 22 y/o RFA that is at least 4-years from UFA status is a cap dump in my view. He certainly is in no way a logical replacement for Trouba in the Jets lineup, either, but rather is a downgrade. The prospect Sanheim, while certainly having a bright future, isn't ready yet either to step into that role.

The Jets aren't rebuilding, they aren't looking to take a step back via a downgrade at D, not looking for an assortment of stuff in exchange for a stud in other words, thanks anyway.

Still a pass.

If you can't get him re-signed than it would make sense..but if you can, you're better off re-signing him. He should be the dman you build around if he wants to stay.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
I've seen him play, quite a bit, am not a fan, keep him.

The guy was borderline waiver wire bait a few years ago. Don't trust that he will maintain his recent level of play.

I guess it's impossible that people improve

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
A pending UFA after this season that is traded for cap purposes (seriously, read the OP proposal)

OP being wrong on this point does not invalidate the page and a half of posts explaining that Del Zotto is not a cap dump. (We can play with formatting, too! :sarcasm:)

You're free to pass, both teams do, but let's try evaluating the trade as it would actually be, rather than as it was mischaracterized one time, shall we?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I guess it's impossible that people improve

It is also possible that this is his peak and that he regresses. Too much risk of that happening relative to keeping the 22 y/o stud in Winnipeg.

Again, neither MDZ nor Sanheim replace Trouba's value in Winnipeg's lineup today - which is all that matters; not rebuilding, not looking to downgrade, so pass.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Flyers fans obviously don't want Trouba even for what looks like a underpayment to me (as a jets fan). No deal to be had here.

What about Trouba for Ghostisbhere

Edit: I doubt Philly would do this since they were already mad about giving up MDZ lol

Last edited:

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Flyers fans obviously don't want Trouba even for what looks like a underpayment to me (as a jets fan). No deal to be had here.

Edit: I doubt Philly would do this since they were already mad about giving up MDZ lol

Trouba + Ehlers

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Flyers are perfectly content to keep Ghost.

We're not mad about giving up MDZ. We're annoyed that people judge him as "waiver wire fodder" or "cap dump" still, when he has easily played like a top 4 D man since signing here. At this rate, pretty soon, we'll hear about how we need to fix our goaltending issue too.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Trouba and Del Zotto are very close in quality today, I'd give the edge to MDZ. Trouba may surpass him.

Trouba certainly holds more value as he is younger and won't be a UFA next season. I like the cost protection of Sanheim and the quality of MDZ today more than Trouba with a contract that will probably be around $5 million.

Edit: Trading Ghost for Trouba + would be so dumb.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
To Jets: Sanheim+ Del Zotto/ Schultz

To Flyers: Trouba

Flyers are loaded in left D while the Jets are short on left D. Del Zotto or Schultz are added for cap purposes.

Yeah why would the Jets do this? Sanheim isn't an upgrade over Trouba and Del Zotto or Schultz really how does this improve Winnipeg. Pretty sure this is a easy no from them.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Lol...so Sanheim is just potential tight now, yet Provorov isn't?

Philly easily says no to this. They can just re- sign MDZ...he is as good as Trouba.....and keep Sanheim....who will be as good as Trouba in a few years.....and much, much cheaper.

Now MDZ is as good as Trouba. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I take Trouba every day over MDZ and it's not even close. Take off the home town tinted glasses.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I've seen him play, quite a bit, am not a fan, keep him.

The guy was borderline waiver wire bait a few years ago. Don't trust that he will maintain his recent level of play.

As someone who has actually seen every game by both teams, I don't think you have.

You can say you wouldn't trade Trouba for him, but this comes across as a very uneducated post imo. MDZ is greatly under rated here.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Now MDZ is as good as Trouba. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I take Trouba every day over MDZ and it's not even close. Take off the home town tinted glasses.

As a fan of both and who has watched every game by both teams, it isn't as far as some think. The difference def isn't Sanheim.

Of course RFA Trouba holds alot more value than 1 year till UFA of MDZ, but actual on ice ability they are both good D men.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
As someone who has actually seen every game by both teams, I don't think you have.

You can say you wouldn't trade Trouba for him, but this comes across as a very uneducated post imo. MDZ is greatly under rated here.

You conversely come across quite poorly while trying to sell a guy that was gawd awful until two seasons ago as being underrated here. He has played well of late, but his history suggests significant risk of regression.

No thanks; you are free to worship him all you wish though. Carry on. Sorry that my opinion differs from your own.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
You conversely come across quite poorly while trying to sell a guy that was gawd awful until two seasons ago as being underrated. He has played well of late, but his history suggests significant risk of regression.

No thanks; you are free to worship him all you wish though. Carry on.

I don't worship at all, but homerism is quite strong in your post. He's a 26 yr old D man, that has been very good on the Flyers. You claim to of watched him a lot, just wondering when you watched him cause last 2 years sure doesn't fit your narrative ??

MDZ was good at start of career and then struggled and has now put it back together, sounds familiar heh !

That being said neither team does this trade. Jets will want a younger, cost controlled LHD than MDZ or a farther along LHD than Sanheim and Flyers have no interest in paying Trouba 5.5 mill long term when there is a strong chance they will have at least 2 D men who will be better and more expensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad