Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] F Cole Perfetti re-signs with the Jets (2 years, $3.25M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shlep

Sep 13, 2024
Through 40 games last season was pacing a hair below 29 goals and 29 assists, then he fell off. Considering his age and what he's shown already I'd bet on him being a lot closer to those first 40 games right now as a player.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Through 40 games last season was pacing a hair below 29 goals and 29 assists, then he fell off. Considering his age and what he's shown already I'd bet on him being a lot closer to those first 40 games right now as a player.
We would love him on the lightning. Are you guys looking for young defenders?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It's a shame they didn't have the space to lock him up longer term, I suspect his next contract will be expensive.

This is a great price for him now though.

Reactions: hn777

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You’d give him $7m today long term?
Today I'd probably offer like 6M on an 8 year deal today. He's produced near 2.0 5v5 p/60 over his career, despite only having 1 secondary 5v5 assist last year.

He's averaged a 46 point pace through his first 2 years while only playing 14:10 a night, I think he would pretty easily be a 50-60 point player with PP1 deployment.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Makes sense to me. It's a little on the rich side maybe, but that's probably the trade-off to maintaining team control at the end. Which is probably important to Winnipeg. And it's not like it's a big overpay that's going to get in the way of anything.

And it's the right sort of a deal for a player who has started to show some promise, but hasn't really proven anything yet. Either you get a couple years of really solid value and find a new value that works two years from now...or you get what you get for a couple years and can just sort of walk away after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad