Rumor: WPG expecting to trade Andrew Copp. No plans to keep him. Ask is 1st rounder. Avs pushing for him

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Can Winnipeg take another roster player?

I'd like to get Coop and Stastny in one deal.

Jets have the cap this year if both are traded, but if the player coming back has term then they need to fill a need and not a dump. If its a cap dump ending this year, they can take him at a cost, plus the cost of Copp and Stats

Reactions: BatVader

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Sakic has said he's not moving Barron, Newhook, or Byram.

I don't believe Barron is untouchable, but doubt he's in play for Copp.
Interesting to see teams like TBL and FLA who go all in to win and teams like COL and NYR who want to try to minimize their costs but still compete with the teams going all in.
Will be curious if COL and NYR don’t pay the prices for players and get knocked out, what the discussion will be.
I’d say the price of Barron + or Lundkvist + for Copp is a damn good deal for a contending team looking for a Cup… but that’s my opinion

Reactions: hn777

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Apparently they had a few "two seconds" offers, but they're waiting for a first.

I think it ends up being a second and a solid prospect and maybe another later pick.

Billeck I assume means irons in the fire and not irons in the first lol.
I'd keep him if it doesn't return a first. See if anyone gives in

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I feel like he's been playing more wing outside the dot.
He's been playing wing because the Jets wanted to use him on a line with Lowry, but any time over the last 2 years that the Jets have had an injury at center in their top 6 Copp was the guy who filled that hole.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Interesting to see teams like TBL and FLA who go all in to win and teams like COL who want to try to minimize their costs but still compete with the teams going all in.
Will be curious if COL doesn’t pay the prices for players and get knocked out, what the discussion will be.
I’d say the price of Barron + for Copp is a damn good deal for a contending team looking for a Cup… but that’s my opinion
It is. Sakic needs to realize that this is a really good window to be in and not be covetous of Barron who is a question mark.

Reactions: hn777 and BatVader

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Interesting to see teams like TBL and FLA who go all in to win and teams like COL and NYR who want to try to minimize their costs but still compete with the teams going all in.
Will be curious if COL and NYR don’t pay the prices for players and get knocked out, what the discussion will be.
I’d say the price of Barron + or Lundkvist + for Copp is a damn good deal for a contending team looking for a Cup… but that’s my opinion

Eh, there isn't one team in the West that has done more than Colorado.

Just because the East is a bloodbath doesn't mean Sakic needs to be sucked into overpaying for rentals. Still plenty of other assets on the table that don't involve those three. I'm pretty happy with how Joe has navigated the deadline so far, basically just need another bottom 6 forwards. Ideal target is Copp, but still plenty of other bottom 6 forwards available that can improve our depth.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Eh, there isn't one team in the West that has done more than Colorado.

Just because the East is a bloodbath doesn't mean Sakic needs to be sucked into overpaying for rentals. Still plenty of other assets on the table that don't involve those three.
You can have Statsny for Beaucage + 3rd

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Would love for Tampa to offer their remaining 2022 first round pick to get him. Money won't work though. Even if they retain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad