Rumor: WPG expecting to trade Andrew Copp. No plans to keep him. Ask is 1st rounder. Avs pushing for him

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Colorado doesn’t have any 2nds, so if they want to win, they’ll be paying the 2023 1st with a small add. I think Jets fans are fine with the 2023 1st. And if someone wants to top that, it’s going to have to be a 2022 1st round pick that projects to be better, or a better prospect or pick on top. We can use more mid-round picks.
Actually, considering who’s rumoured to be in, the 1st will likely be late, so a ‘23rd 1st would be preferred as that draft is supposed to be better deeper in… but from COL, I’d want Barron +

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
He’s UFA like Rakell. And I’m sick and tired of people using Versatility because he can switch positions. You can play Rakell at center also. He’s played it before. So slap that on Rakells resume also then if you want to nit pick.

Well it goes beyond that considering Copp can play all 3 positions up front and is someone you can use in all situations. Not that Rakell is a bad player by any stretch but you're getting a guy who can kill penalties in Copp as well.

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
He’s UFA like Rakell. And I’m sick and tired of people using Versatility because he can switch positions. You can play Rakell at center also. He’s played it before. So slap that on Rakells resume also then if you want to nit pick.
Copp is younger, Has more points in the last two years, is a legit first line PK player and someone you can make play anywhere in the top 9 and he’ll produce a solid forcheck with some offence. In what workd is Rackell worth more? Any team that trades for Copp will have an opportunity to sign him to a decent contract as well.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Hard sell. Copp scores more and is significantly better defensively. I would be happy with either for the Pens, but would pay more for Copp.

Rakell has more goals scored than Copp does this season. And their stats are very similar this season also.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Don’t see why not. If you aren’t gonna push your chips into the middle this year than what’s the point. Copp fills a massive organizational hole and should be re signed here.
He’d be a great replacement for Kadri next season.
I wouldn’t tray for Barron + 1st, but I would want Barron +… maybe Barron + Beaucage/Foudy

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If his next contract ask is going to be excessive and even though he can be a center, I'd rather Sakic target a winger with term or a couple lesser mid 6ers for the same trade capital

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Copp is younger, Has more points in the last two years, is a legit first line PK player and someone you can make play anywhere in the top 9 and he’ll produce a solid forcheck with some offence. In what workd is Rackell worth more? Any team that trades for Copp will have an opportunity to sign him to a decent contract as well.

That’s your assumption. Guy is making 3.3 million this season. To think he’s going to go cheaper than what Rakell will sign is a pretty silly evaluation. I imagine both players will be signing similar deals in the off season.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Don’t see why not. If you aren’t gonna push your chips into the middle this year than what’s the point. Copp fills a massive organizational hole and should be re signed here.

Only if sakic had a deal already negotiated. Like the Lindholm deal.

I'd be okay with Barron plus conditional first.

Reactions: BatVader

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
If the Avs unload the rest of their clip for Copp they better have an idea of how his long-term deal this summer will fit into their cap space (and it will not be cheap). Otherwise I much prefer to go after a guy with a bit of term.

Don’t get me wrong, Copp is a great fit. But I see him as a mid-six guy who can play on a scoring line as a complimentary winger or play as a third line center. I do not see him as a second line center at all and if his ask is big this summer, I think the Avs would be hard-pressed to make a bigger commitment work with their cap space. I don’t see how the Avs can afford a Coleman-like contract for a guy who is best served as a third liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad