Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] D Dylan DeMelo signs extension with the Jets (4 years, $4.9M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
What did the elite Jets defence do in the playoffs?
It was more that the Jets' typically elite goaltending collapsed - and that's like a wheel falling off when you're riding a unicycle. When Hellebuyck started floundering the whole gameplan went to shit.

But even so, DeMelo was still the Jets best defender in terms of GA/60 - and he being hard matched vs. MacK, Rantanen and Makar.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
It was more that the Jets' typically elite goaltending collapsed - and that's like a wheel falling off when you're riding a unicycle. When Hellebuyck started floundering the whole gameplan went to shit.

But even so, DeMelo was still the Jets best defender in terms of GA/60 - and he being hard matched vs. MacK, Rantanen and Makar.
DeMelo is their best pure defender. I think the 30 points he scored is a mirage and a result of playing with Morrissey, but he's a true shutdown guy. Guys like him sometimes get undervalued by low knowledge hockey fans.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
What do you think is the range a #3-4 D should be paid ? The cap is going to increase steadily in the next couple of years. 4.9 M$ means he's 61st for cap hit for a D. Considering he's an RHD and fit well in the team composition and it's an UFA contract, it's seems like fair value.
If your 4th best D is making $5m, that means you've got at least 3 others in line to make more than that. Seems steep when you've already got an expensive goalie

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If your 4th best D is making $5m, that means you've got at least 3 others in line to make more than that. Seems steep when you've already got an expensive goalie
He's their second best defenseman IMO. Morrissey is clearly better, but I don't think anyone else is.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
In your opinion, which 3 are better? Take a minute to answer, I want to puff one before I read your response...
I'm not saying the Jets have 3 better, but in my opinion he's a #4. So a team should have 3 better d-men to be a contender.

I look at him like McCabe in Toronto. He's the 2nd best D on the team, but he should be a #4. Not someone I'd wanna pay $5m either. Or Schenn in Nashville is another one

Classic, don't judge the player but the defense as a whole, because that makes a lot of sense. And to be fair the defense that gave up the least amount of goals in the league last year.
And then what happened?

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
dillydilly.jpg

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad