Proposal: Wpg-ana-nyr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
To :jets
LD Cam Fowler

To :ducks2
LW Chris Kreider

To :rangers
RD Jacob Trouba

Winnipeg gets their LHD of similar age and ability to Trouba
Anahiem recieves a big left winger for their top six who earns a little more than Fowler
New York obtains a good young RHD in Trouba who helps to solidify and add depth to their blueline.

This is solely a hockey trade, trading from each team's position to strength to their position of weakness. I understand the salary may not work for the ducks, but Kreider is a perfect fit for their top line.

I feel like a pick might be needed going to the Ducks from the Rangers. Thoughts?

Terrible for the Jets, alright for Anaheim, Rangers pop the champagne.

IMO Trouba for Lindholm is perfect value for both sides, other than for the ducks' salary limitation. Trouba will make more on his new contract than Lindholm's last year of his ELC.

The Rangers add a first in that case to the Ducks with wpg adding a third to the Rangers perhaps?

I think that's better honestly

Edit: didn't realize Lindholm was an RFA RIGH now too. So he may be making more than Trouba as well.

I wouldn't give up 4 years of Trouba for 8 years of Fowler. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Fowler but he is overrated and nowhere close to worth Trouba.

Jets need LD. I'll grant that Lindholm is better than Trouba but not by a lot. RHD are worth a premium that almost equals the difference. If we add a 3rd to Trouba for Lindholm Anaheim wins. Both are unsigned RFAs.

The value isn't there for the Rangers. Trouba is overrated, he's a decent top four defencemen but I wouldn't trade Krieder for him.

We need not stop overrating Kreider. He's valuable but he's not a 1st line player. And a young RHD with potential is the Rangers' biggest need.

Rangers can't afford another defenseman that needs to be protected in expansion

OP is a fail because Fowler overrated.
So, here is Kreider. and IMO aufheben is severely underrating him.

It is NOT a matter of would I do Kreider for Trouba. Talent wise that is ballpark close.
It is a matter of NY can pony up alternate assets for Trouba, a return which makes more sense for NYR

though there are reservations expressed by him due to side effects, respected Jets poster concludes that
McDonagh 4.7 x3 + Ranger 3rd in 2017, and NYR 4th in 2018
for
Trouba, [RFA = 0, but will result in savings for Wini since it is not paying Trouba 6 or more] + Jets 2nd in 2017, and Jets 3rd in 2018
cap is close enough
is a win win. Same gets NY younger while giving Wini 3 years on sweetheart deal 1LD with inside shot to extend. Plus NY upgrades on equal quantity pick swap. THAT is type of deal Rangers do, not coke for pepsi, or worse, one going steps backward.

Gorton appears to be in agreement with me on this: Rangers good, but not enough, must get younger, cheaper. This means keep the younger core, move the youngish vets. Slats seems to have gotten the message from Dolan on high. Win now crowd WILL consider itself suppressed so we don't do further long term damage to the team, Build, then push for the cup.

McD, Stepan, Zuc, Klein
these are pieces, and NY wants a premium if that is what their market commands.

Kreider, Miller, Skjei, etc, no unless the return is crazy.

we need to move Stepan + for Pesce + ++ iie asset exempt from expansion draft
NOT Kreider, without whom NY turns into the Canadiens.

======
as to OP
my deal re Trouba, if Winni still heavy on RD, Myers is an option, but again, while not as bad as his harshest critics say, Fowler is overrated. Big time.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
"You spelt Lindholm wrong!"

"What!? Trouba isn't worth that!!!"

"Why would we trade him for anything less???"

"You're insane!"

*Warrior Chart*

"Those don't count!"

"Yes they do!"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the wheels on the bus go round and round. Round and round. Round and round!

This is a work of art.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
OP is a fail because Fowler overrated.
So, here is Kreider. and IMO aufheben is severely underrating him.

McD, Stepan, Zuc, Klein
these are pieces, and NY wants a premium if that is what their market commands.

Kreider, Miller, Skjei, etc, no unless the return is crazy.

we need to move Stepan + for Pesce + ++ iie asset exempt from expansion draft
NOT Kreider, without whom NY turns into the Canadiens.

======
as to OP
my deal re Trouba, if Winni still heavy on RD, Myers is an option, but again, while not as bad as his harshest critics say, Fowler is overrated. Big time.

a couple of things here:

I can't see the Rangers moving McD at this point considering: he is their best dman, capt. and if they did move him, they now have a colossal hole on the left side followed by a stable of meh LH defensemen.

Step isn't being moved now that Brassard is gone. So put the brakes on that train. Who would have thought that deal with Ott was even in the works let alone actually happened. I did see Step going to Minny prior to that.

Klein is now the best RHD on the team, on a great contract, who can float up and down the pairings if needed. When people started suggesting they shop him, it was silly then, it is silly now.

Kreider just signed his long term deal. I don't see the Rangers moving him. With the addition of Vesey, maybe Zucc, Miller and now Nash become trade fodder. Miller would be a special case of overpayment.

The original proposal was interesting, the Rangers add but I'm not sure a 1st is the additional pc. it seems high despite getting Trouba in return. Maybe a guy like Jensen, Jooris or Fast is the extra piece.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
a couple of things here:

I can't see the Rangers moving McD at this point considering: he is their best dman, capt. and if they did move him, they now have a colossal hole on the left side followed by a stable of meh LH defensemen.

Step isn't being moved now that Brassard is gone. So put the brakes on that train. Who would have thought that deal with Ott was even in the works let alone actually happened. I did see Step going to Minny prior to that.

Klein is now the best RHD on the team, on a great contract, who can float up and down the pairings if needed. When people started suggesting they shop him, it was silly then, it is silly now.

Kreider just signed his long term deal. I don't see the Rangers moving him. With the addition of Vesey, maybe Zucc, Miller and now Nash become trade fodder. Miller would be a special case of overpayment.

The original proposal was interesting, the Rangers add but I'm not sure a 1st is the additional pc. it seems high despite getting Trouba in return. Maybe a guy like Jensen, Jooris or Fast is the extra piece.

You mention the OP as being interesting, not from a Jets POV. We have zero interest in Fowler at the cost of Trouba, nothing you can do to put lipstick on that pig makes it acceptable. No way Chevy would trade Trouba for Fowler, no pick or prospect makes it happen. Hard pass from Jets

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
To :jets
LD Cam Fowler

To :ducks2
LW Chris Kreider

To :rangers
RD Jacob Trouba

Winnipeg gets their LHD of similar age and ability to Trouba
Anahiem recieves a big left winger for their top six who earns a little more than Fowler
New York obtains a good young RHD in Trouba who helps to solidify and add depth to their blueline.

This is solely a hockey trade, trading from each team's position to strength to their position of weakness. I understand the salary may not work for the ducks, but Kreider is a perfect fit for their top line.

I feel like a pick might be needed going to the Ducks from the Rangers. Thoughts?

What part of Winnipeg saying that they wont give up 4 years of Trouba for 2 years of Fowler don't people get. Plus Kreider makes way more then Fowler Anaheim needs a LW back making less then Fowler they've an internal budget this isn't hard to figure out. Doubt any of these teams say yes. And with the reported asking price that Trouba wants i seriously doubt that Gorton will give it to him. I wouldn't be shocked if Trouba doesn't get around $5.5 million-$6 million per long term doubt the Rangers give him that much money.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
IMO Trouba for Lindholm is perfect value for both sides, other than for the ducks' salary limitation. Trouba will make more on his new contract than Lindholm's last year of his ELC.

The Rangers add a first in that case to the Ducks with wpg adding a third to the Rangers perhaps?

I think that's better honestly

Edit: didn't realize Lindholm was an RFA RIGH now too. So he may be making more than Trouba as well.

Trading Lindholm for Trouba is not perfect value for Anaheim it is terrible. We are not interested in trading away the better defenseman we are trying to win we want players that are better at doing that and that ain't Trouba.

I wouldn't give up 4 years of Trouba for 8 years of Fowler. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Fowler but he is overrated and nowhere close to worth Trouba.

Overrated or underrated all depends who you ask. People who look at advanced stats not much if anything else underrate him. He is better then those damn warrior charts suggest.

Fowler peaked at 20 actually

You know very little if you honestly believe that. Fowler defensive game is better then it was in his earlier years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad