Claimed off Waivers: [WPG] Adam Brooks claimed off waivers by the Jets from the Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Something borrowed, something blue.
Something old, and something new.

The Adventures of Travelling Brooksie

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He might get a record for most NHL teams in a season. But he's a solid pick-up considering he works hard. I think if he was on the Coyotes he might just be leading them in scoring.

Winnipeg always gets Vegas' sloppy seconds, Toronto doesn't count a second time because not only was he already there, but he was there for a smigin.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He might get a record for most NHL teams in a season. But he's a solid pick-up considering he works hard. I think if he was on the Coyotes he might just be leading them in scoring.

Winnipeg always gets Vegas' sloppy seconds, Toronto doesn't count a second time because not only was he already there, but he was there for a smidgen.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
all these GMs trading him around and waiving him and claiming him...

Has anyone stopped to think about what Brooks wants? What his needs are?

Shame on all of you

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

Shame on all of you
I guess he's like any other hockey player and wants an 8 year contract with a $12million cap hit.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

Shame on all of you
have you? he gets a chance to stay in the nhl in his home town with an nhl salary...

Reactions: uncleben

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Just so we can put to bed the crazy Leaf fan theory that this was all just to spite the Leafs and that Brooks wouldn't play because he was hurt, Brooks was practicing with the team today and it appears he will make his Jets debut tomorrow playing on the 2nd line with Connor and PLD. No Conspiracy to be had.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
The fact that he is starting on the 2nd line says plenty about the current state of the Jet roster......

Reactions: north49er

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
The fact that he is starting on the 2nd line says plenty about the current state of the Jet roster......
3 top 9 fowards currently injured and none of the bottom 6 players they tried moving onto the 2nd line have worked. The team is struggling so they are trying anything at this point.

Reactions: gojetsgo

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Must be an explanation coming…..
You can be placed on waivers if injured.

You cannot be reassigned to the minors if injured, though, unless there is medical clearance (CBA 13.6) and if a player is waived while injured, claimed, and fails their physical with their claiming team, the claiming team can, if they want, reverse the waivers and send him back (CBA 13.20).

Last edited:
Reactions: larmex99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad