Post-Game Talk: Wow. We looked Good. (but we lost). That wasn't painful at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Put Price in the Leaf's net and Bernier in Montreal's, and the game ends up 5 or 6 to nothing for the Leafs. Not sure why people are praising Berniers play. He was terrible, and terribly lucky all game. Made a couple nice saves, that's it.

Yeah 2 goals against. Real terrible.:sarcasm:

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
If you watched our breakout passes and also the forward support to the dmen
Every line but the bozak and lupul bought into this system
Both bozak and lupul were sucking at the red line not giving support
Like Babcock wants
Sit them both Friday night

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
People are praising Bernier? Surprising. That first goal was awful and his rebound control was pretty weak for the majority of the game. Like you said, made a few big saves but other than that...

Yea, the first goal looked bad (although if he actually gets LESS of the shot, it's a good save on a shot labelled top corner that flies over the net/into the corner) but he was pretty good during the game. Didn't let himself get rattled after that and made some real solid saves to keep the Leafs in the game. His rebound control did seem a little un-Bernier like but it wasnt Reimeresque. .

A 931% save percentage and a couple of them highlight reel saves I will take if this is a "bad" performance....it was a decent first game though.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Anyone watching the Canucks vs Flames…. now that's what I hope this rivalry can become one day.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Boys looked good. We were dominating the first two periods and took the foot off the gas in the third. We were getting a lot of chances we just didn't have the skilled Guys to bury the chances unfortunately

91Kadri91*

You know what's hilarious? The Habs have somehow not won a cup with Carey Price.

Such a waste of talent there. Not even a good team.

They've got quite a bit of talent, but their system is absolutely atrocious.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
That's actually one of the least frustrating Leafs games I can remember watching in a couple of years.

There was one last season where we beat the Ducks 6-2 or something ridiculous like that and I remember facepalming more in that game than I did during this 3-1 loss.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Well. They played well and hard and still lost. I don't think anyone can complain. If you want a tank year...then rinse and repeat. If you have hope, they won't be playing Price every game. They will be an entertaining, hard working group at the very least. That's all anyone wants...just a good effort and not to give up on your team and fans.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Pretty good game. I didn't see to much I didn't like. The only negatives I saw were Bozak and Phaneuf.

Bozak is constantly passing, he's like a Canadian Kaberle who plays Centre. He never shoots and always passes, it's absolutely frustrating to watch.

Phaneuf can GTFO. Out of all the 'old guard' left he needs to go first. His defencive style of play is painful to watch, especially when he's in his own zone and his partner is going after the puck and he's just sitting there. There was one moment this game where the puck was in our end and his partner (Forget who it was) was battling for the puck and Phaneuf comes over and when the puck goes to the guy he's covering all he does is punch the guy in the back 3 or 4 times.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
For all the Bozak hate, Kadri played 2 minutes less and finished a -2 (to Bozaks 0) and can't take important draws. While I don't think Bozak was good this game - let's not pretend Kadri was so much better.

Kadri did play much better than Bozak though.

If you want to bring stats into it, how about the fact that Bozak was dead last in CF% on the entire team. That's a much more damning stat than +/-, especially with how the minus's came to be.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Good game for the Leafs. They're going to lose a lot this season, but the competent, high pressure, 2-way system makes it easier to watch the Leafs than what we're used to

Noice, hit a grand salami :nod:

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
For all the Bozak hate, Kadri played 2 minutes less and finished a -2 (to Bozaks 0) and can't take important draws. While I don't think Bozak was good this game - let's not pretend Kadri was so much better.

Uh, Kadri's first -1 came when Bozak hopped off the ice to avoid a minus and Kadri had to jump on. The goal happened a second later.

His second -1 was to an empty net.

He contributed to the only goal, and many more scoring chances, and was 54% on the dot (Bozak was 48%). Drew a penalty too. Possession monster as well. Kadri literally was so much better.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
And yet they were our best players tonight (JVR included). People still take +- seriously? :laugh: No context provided with the +-. You can't be serious.

Noone is saying it's the best stat, but it still has relevance. Being condescending about it isn't the answer.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Great loss. It's a real relief to see the structure Babcock brings. 52 SOG+opposition blocked shots to 39. If you noticed, our top defenceman by ATOI was Gardiner.

Even if we don't win more games, this season is going to be so much more enjoyable to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad