Would you rather or could you see Rutherford running this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForSpareParts*

Nobody said that our teams have been better than his over the past few years, just that he hasn't proven to have any ability whatsoever to construct a consistently competitive team over his near two-decade career, and to that end, you can hardly accredit his team's two SCF appearances to great management.

::holds up mirror to every and all leaf fans::

This team would kill to have a cup appearance let alone a playoff one. As you can see NO team other then Chicago can do it.

People said that about Burke too.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
How is Nonis the problem? Anyone care to elaborate? I mean aside from the Clarkson contract I see not obvious blunders? (Not like Rutherford has not made any contract blunders.)

This. A million times this.

A classic case of two major problems among hockey fans.

1) Small market teams are ignored and we only hear about massive failures and massive successes. In this case, Rutherford is only known for bringing in J. Staal and winning a Cup in 2006. None of his failures have been massive enough to be reported enough that they enter the average fan psyche.

2) Grass is greener mentality. Especially among the Leafs fanbase, people here assume that we've always got the worst of everything and every team has a better option. FFS has anyone even checked CapGeek.com to see what Rutherford has done to the Hurricanes with his ludicrous contracts?? These weren't even given during the cap boom. They were cap CRUNCH contracts that made ZERO sense EVER!!

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
For some reason I'm reminded of the time that Peddie interviewed Scotty Bowman and decided he wasn't right for our organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad