Would you be OK with Sid/Geno playing for another NHL team?

Would you be OK with Sid/Geno playing for another NHL team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I dunno, just saying, might what up put the saddle on first, before you climb on your high horse
I don't think I'm better or worse than anyone for what I want.
We simply want different things. I want Cups and most don't care about that anymore.

What people are objecting to is getting reality called out. If they wanna lie to themselves, that's their business.

You can't claim you care about team success, while at the same time being cool with discarding 5 years for the sake of feelings.
That's bullshit. Pick a lane. Own it.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

It is true. It was supported in his most recent interview at the draft, when talking about Quinn.
He was upset about Todd being gone, talking about the human element of these firings, and how good these coaches are. He talked about disagreements with Dubas and finding common ground.
It's because he got too close to Reirden, and his relationships have become his priority.

Yeah, it is disturbing. Something is fundamentally wrong in this organization, compared to the team I grew up watching. That's what I've been trying to explain here.
It's the attitude, not the results, that bother me. The nepotism has seeped in.
But at least it was a good reality check for him.

The new owners are trying to model the organization like the Steelers. Maybe deez Boston guys think the city will lose it if they fire "a" coach in any sport. These owners think the fans in Pittsburgh eat and breath nepotism and longevity.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Cancel me all you want. I don’t think you’d be on this freaking darn board if you don’t believe in the core. You can cancel me for that I don’t care. Just my opinion. Go ahead and cancel me. You don’t give a f***? Nobody was trying to cancel me? Well if you don’t believe in the core, you shouldn’t be watching the game in the first place. That’s just my opinion, go ahead and cancel me for that I don’t care. Shut the f*** up you say? sigh it’s JUST an opinion. Think I care if I get cancelled over an opinion that simple? I DON’T. I’m just freaking ranting about that someone’s trying to cancel me for a stupid like STUPID opinion. Now why cancel someone for their stupid opinions simple. But go ahead though cancel me I don’t care. Why don’t you drop it, let me have my opinions. But yet, I’m not the one that has a problem with it. My opinion. Then why cancel someone for just a simple opinion

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I used be firmly in the keep Sid and Geno cuz legacy, nostalgia, etc. But keeping them is clearly ruining the franchise at this point. It is delaying a much needed rebuild and forcing us to waste assets on useless assets like Rackell, Reilly Smith, Karlsson, Hayes, Jarry, etc.

This team will miss the playoffs with the core 3 for the third year in a row. It loses with them and it can lose without them. Start the rebuild already so we're not watching crap hockey for the next 10 years.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I think if anything it might bother Sullivan, to be out of the playoffs 3yrs in a row and have Crosby play all 82 games 3yrs in a row, it wouldn't let him hide from the media and I think the heat being turned on to Dubas for not doing enough will finally have him say well I got him who he wanted and he still f***ed it, I'm not taking this shit and they fire Sully and Quinn.

One can dream right?

That would require self awareness and self reflection. Something that Sullivan had early on, but can now mail it in without any repercussion.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Start the rebuild already so we're not watching crap hockey for the next 10 years.

In theory you would think going this route should speed things up, however either way you decide doesn't guarantee success 10 years down the line. The deciding factor will always be hitting on the draft picks, player development and bringing the right people and coaches in at the right time.

They could very well be the next Buffalo and it takes 25 years if they swing and miss consistently. But trading everyone will speed the rebuild up yes, but can still take that long.

Last edited:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I used be firmly in the keep Sid and Geno cuz legacy, nostalgia, etc. But keeping them is clearly ruining the franchise at this point. It is delaying a much needed rebuild and forcing us to waste assets on useless assets like Rackell, Reilly Smith, Karlsson, Hayes, Jarry, etc.

This team will miss the playoffs with the core 3 for the third year in a row. It loses with them and it can lose without them. Start the rebuild already so we're not watching crap hockey for the next 10 years.

If we are out of contention, any of EK65, Petts, Rust, Rakell, or Jarry has value and we don't move them, then I would say that the org has gone too far in appeasing the core. But that has not happened and the only guy whose value is diminishing right now is Petts

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You guys know that even if you got your scorched earth wish they gotta fill out the roster with SOMETHING right? Like... I bellyache about the Hayes deal and what it signals but even I don't believe FSG and Dubas are really going to turn this organization into a contract laundering operation. So I mean... dump Sid, Malkin, Letang, EK, Rust, Raks, etc. all you want... they are going to continue to sign and trade for players to construct a roster with or without the core and "waste assets" in doing so.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You guys know that even if you got your scorched earth wish they gotta fill out the roster with SOMETHING right? Like... I bellyache about the Hayes deal and what it signals but even I don't believe FSG and Dubas are really going to turn this organization into a contract laundering operation. So I mean... dump Sid, Malkin, Letang, EK, Rust, Raks, etc. all you want... they are going to continue to sign and trade for players to construct a roster with or without the core and "waste assets" in doing so.
They have the floor to reach and they will have to overpay players to reach it. It's not like they can go all youth/prospects and get there.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Cancel me all you want. I don’t think you’d be on this freaking darn board if you don’t believe in the core. You can cancel me for that I don’t care. Just my opinion. Go ahead and cancel me. You don’t give a f***? Nobody was trying to cancel me? Well if you don’t believe in the core, you shouldn’t be watching the game in the first place. That’s just my opinion, go ahead and cancel me for that I don’t care. Shut the f*** up you say? sigh it’s JUST an opinion. Think I care if I get cancelled over an opinion that simple? I DON’T. I’m just freaking ranting about that someone’s trying to cancel me for a stupid like STUPID opinion. Now why cancel someone for their stupid opinions simple. But go ahead though cancel me I don’t care. Why don’t you drop it, let me have my opinions. But yet, I’m not the one that has a problem with it. My opinion. Then why cancel someone for just a simple opinion
images

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They have the floor to reach and they will have to overpay players to reach it. It's not like they can go all youth/prospects and get there.

Right. And while it's admittedly difficult to really tell most times that FSG is even AWARE they own a hockey team... their profile and track record suggests they are not going to be down for being a poorhouse kind of club. I think they would accept some down years to draft well but lets be honest with ourselves... do we really think these guys are going to gut the team, crack them down to a salary cap floor organization and proceed to trade for LTIRetired contracts to pad the numbers?

Seems unlikely. People are pining for things that are never going to happen. And why would we want that, anyway? Sounds awful.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Right. And while it's admittedly difficult to really tell most times that FSG is even AWARE they own a hockey team... their profile and track record suggests they are not going to be down for being a poorhouse kind of club. I think they would accept some down years to draft well but lets be honest with ourselves... do we really think these guys are going to gut the team, crack them down to a salary cap floor organization and proceed to trade for LTIRetired contracts to pad the numbers?

Seems unlikely. People are pining for things that are never going to happen.
Right. This team can still support Sid and company and still garnish top 10 picks.
Sid still has team goals to reach for.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I don’t watch losers. I watch winners. Sid and Geno are winners. I watch that. Go ahead and cancel me for that opinion, I don’t care. I don’t even care if I ever have to post here again. Try me. See if I care. It’s just an opinion. Cancel me if you don’t like it.

Actually , I change my mind. This idea that if you want the core to stay you aren’t a Penguins fan is actually correct. You only care about the core not the team. That’s why I am declaring Crosby, Malkin and that other one to be worse than Hitler. Now that I established my positon as this boards resident Penguin super fan , you cannot cancel me. Sorry @AuroraBorealis , you’ll never cancel me now. Catch me if you can!

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't know. I'm just tired of the stress of having to worry about who thinks I'm stupid and who thinks I'm not a real fan because I'm not reacting the way that they want me to.

I'm tired of worrying about trying to make people happy that aren't ever going to be happy.

If that means I'm never respected around here, so be it.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don't know. I'm just tired of the stress of having to worry about who thinks I'm stupid and who thinks I'm not a real fan because I'm not reacting the way that they want me to.

I'm tired of worrying about trying to make people happy that aren't ever going to be happy.

If that means I'm never respected around here, so be it.
It's all good mate, there's no right or wrong these days except for the fact that we're all pretty beaten down with the whole Sullivan/FSG bullshit and Kindergarten Kyle not having the bollocks to fire the coach. The rest is just us trying to survive being a Penguins fan by talking about normal things, knowing that the nimrod of a coach will do as he pleases with the same results.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
It's all good mate, there's no right or wrong these days except for the fact that we're all pretty beaten down with the whole Sullivan/FSG bullshit and Kindergarten Kyle not having the bollocks to fire the coach. The rest is just us trying to survive being a Penguins fan by talking about normal things, knowing that the nimrod of a coach will do as he pleases with the same results.

Kindergarten Kyle :laugh::laugh::laugh:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
I don’t watch losers. I watch winners. Sid and Geno are winners. I watch that. Go ahead and cancel me for that opinion, I don’t care. I don’t even care if I ever have to post here again. Try me. See if I care. It’s just an opinion. Cancel me if you don’t like it.

Actually , I change my mind. This idea that if you want the core to stay you aren’t a Penguins fan is actually correct. You only care about the core not the team. That’s why I am declaring Crosby, Malkin and that other one to be worse than Hitler. Now that I established my positon as this boards resident Penguin super fan , you cannot cancel me. Sorry @AuroraBorealis , you’ll never cancel me now. Catch me if you can!
Ya'll are weird, shaming me for wanting the team to win Cups.
Yeah, you wanna watch winners so much that you're supporting a push for 9th place finishes.
Go ahead then @KareemTrustfund . Enjoy this directionless, purgatory garbage for the next decade.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Ya'll are weird, shaming me for wanting the team to win Cups.
Yeah, you wanna watch winners so much that you're supporting a push for 9th place finishes.
Go ahead then @KareemTrustfund . Enjoy this directionless, purgatory garbage for the next decade.
You seem to be the one shaming everybody. Which is odd from you since every few weeks you’re randomly yapping about how a random poster isn’t discussing things in a respectable fashion.

I’m not supporting a push for ninth place finishes either. I’m supporting an 8th place finish and a magical underdog run to the cup, baby! Cant stop us now!

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
You seem to be the one shaming everybody. Which is odd from you since every few weeks you’re randomly yapping about how a random poster isn’t discussing things in a respectable fashion.

I’m not supporting a push for ninth place finishes either. I’m supporting an 8th place finish and a magical underdog run to the cup, baby! Cant stop us now!
Nope. Stating facts is not shaming people.
The board has changed into supporting 2-3 players over what's best for the team. All there is to it. I didn't say anything about it being good or bad, merely that the number of fans of the team has plummeted hard. The board is just sensitive to the truth.

A "magical run" is incredibly low %. If you care about the future success of the team at all, you wouldn't advocate for them to waste their time this way, for the 3rd year straight. You would want them to properly open up a new contention window, so they have an actual chance at a Cup.

Obviously you're prioritizing watching Crosby and Malkin over the Penguins, which is totally fine. But don't lie about it please.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Nope. Stating facts is not shaming people.
The board has changed into supporting 2-3 players over what's best for the team. All there is to it. I didn't say anything about it being good or bad, merely that the number of fans of the team has plummeted hard. The board is just sensitive to the truth.

A "magical run" is incredibly low %. If you care about the future success of the team at all, you wouldn't advocate for them to waste their time this way, for the 3rd year straight. You would want them to properly open up a new contention window, so they have an actual chance at a Cup.

Obviously you're prioritizing watching Crosby and Malkin over the Penguins, which is totally fine. But don't lie about it please.
Saying people who want to see Crosby and Malkin stay aren’t Penguins fans- they’re just fans of the players - isn’t a fact. It’s an objectively bad opinion.

I think it’s completely fair and valid to want to trade them to jumpstart a rebuild. Not judging you on that. You just have a tendency to get very condescending and your own rules about poster etiquette often go out the window. Which is fine , I love it tbh , but don’t throw your hands up in the air and act confused why everyone is giving you a tiny bit of grief. I think you’re one of the most entertaining posters here, so don’t take this as an attack.

Now, go get ‘em tiger!

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Saying people who want to see Crosby and Malkin stay aren’t Penguins fans- they’re just fans of the players - isn’t a fact. It’s an objectively bad opinion.

I think it’s completely fair and valid to want to trade them to jumpstart a rebuild. Not judging you on that. You just have a tendency to get very condescending and your own rules about poster etiquette often go out the window. Which is fine , I love it tbh , but don’t throw your hands up in the air and act confused why everyone is giving you a tiny bit of grief. I think you’re one of the most entertaining posters here, so don’t take this as an attack.

Now, go get ‘em tiger!
I actually don't have a tendency to do that. You clearly don't know me. I try to speak in an objective way here, unlike most.
The actual assholes you're talking about are all over the place though, and have made themselves known. Maybe you should direct your focus to them?

It's not being condescending to identify a board reality. It's just voicing the state of how things have changed.
You just take it personally because the truth bothers you. But it IS the truth.

Keeping Crosby here and giving him 40 million hurts the team's future. You could get many picks for the return for him + the use of all that money.
So yes, pushing to actively hurt the team's recovery is not something a fan should do. That's something a fan of 1-2 players would do, since he doesn't care about anything else, other than being entertained by them still being here.
They need prospects, not 8th-10th place finishes and early exits. It's so obvious.

I'm not confused about people griefing others either. That's the default mode here, and has been for 7 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad