Would you be OK with Sid/Geno playing for another NHL team?

Would you be OK with Sid/Geno playing for another NHL team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Ya'll are weird, shaming me for wanting the team to win Cups.
Yeah, you wanna watch winners so much that you're supporting a push for 9th place finishes.
Go ahead then @KareemTrustfund . Enjoy this directionless, purgatory garbage for the next decade.
Wanting to win a cup - no problem mate.
Wanting to win a cup again with Sullivan here - major problem.

It physically makes me ill to think about what would happen if Mike Sullivan won another cup with the Penguins, he's been untouchable since 2017 and he's done nothing but fail hard since then and to get another cup, he'd basically have his pick of job on the Penguins, I shudder at the mere thought.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Looking at just the Penguins example his criteria are all over the place. Sykora and Goligoski didn't play in the 2009 playoffs and Satan was on the 4th line.

And why is Hasek considered the goalie for the 08 Red Wings and Chelios a top 4 D? Easy to support whatever conclusion when you make up the data.

I think the fact still stands.

A lot of people say that drafting makes cup teams and I'm not sure it does tbh.

Drafting is part of it, but I don't think we've seen an example of a purposefully tanking team winning a cup since the CHI / PIT / LA years. The 15-16 16-17 Penguins were not a team that won because of tanking.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I think the fact still stands.

A lot of people say that drafting makes cup teams and I'm not sure it does tbh.

Drafting is part of it, but I don't think we've seen an example of a purposefully tanking team winning a cup since the CHI / PIT / LA years. The 15-16 16-17 Penguins were not a team that won because of tanking.
There's a whole lot of pink in the F1, F2, D1 spots, plus Getzlaf had become the Ducks best forward by the 07 playoffs, so another inaccuracy. You need elite players to carry your team to the cup and unless you're trading with someone like Buffalo, it's almost impossible to get them without a high draft pick.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There's a whole lot of pink in the F1, F2, D1 spots, plus Getzlaf had become the Ducks best forward by the 07 playoffs, so another inaccuracy. You need elite players to carry your team to the cup and unless you're trading with someone like Buffalo, it's almost impossible to get them without a high draft pick.

Yes. I think you need top draft picks, but this idea that you need to tank for years like we are seemingly starting to do effectively this year is not really something I agree with.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
friInh0.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo