Would you be OK with Sid/Geno playing for another NHL team?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you be OK with Sid/Geno playing for another NHL team?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I guess people could fairly ask why I'd want to see these three move along to another team if I'm such a huge fan. Whereas I guess I'd posit if you are such a huge fan why would you want to see them here at this point? They've done all they can and they are being repaid by a bunch of mealy-mouthed dorks and guys who should be working a used car lot somewhere.

If we would've signed Trochek though instead of Malkin we could've seen Malkin raise a cup in New York / Florida..

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I'd like to see Sid go to a contender and compete at the highest level again while also extending his career. I think this current group / ownership / management / coach are sucking the life from him. He's having to do WAY too much out there tbqh.

I'd also like to see him get some stat padding in the process that so many modern guys get with competent teams/linemates.

Be extra cool if they both got sent to the same team and played on the same line.

Reactions: Hell Yeah!!!

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Voted both should stay BUT they negotiated NMC’s so whatever they want to do is fine.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I want them to end their careers winners, so I voted they can go. I am totally fine with them going, I will only be cheering for the teams they are on in the playoffs. Crosby will also have nice wingers for a change.

Jake-Crosby-Kucherov?
I dunno what team Malkin will go to...Florida? both 50% retained.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
I'd love to see Sid play in meaningful games down the stretch still, so I guess I hope he gets moved at the deadline to a really good team that I don't hate.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
There's something to be said for players who don't cut and run when things get tough, especially in today's sports landscape.

Crosby's situation in Pittsburgh is pretty analogous to Curry's in Golden State (even with Guentzel and Thompson), and I don't think it's a coincidence that the two most successful leaders in their respective sports are loyal, team-first guys to a fault. It breeds long term success.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
There's something to be said for players who don't cut and run when things get tough, especially in today's sports landscape.

Crosby's situation in Pittsburgh is pretty analogous to Curry's in Golden State (even with Guentzel and Thompson), and I don't think it's a coincidence that the two most successful leaders in their respective sports are loyal, team-first guys to a fault. It breeds long term success.
If Crosby never won a cup, would you be saying the same thing?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
But he did win a Cup. Multiple. Two after a long stretch where people thought the Pens were past contending, which kind of goes to my point.
But if he didn't win, would you still be saying that and against trading him?

Careers are short, players dreams are to win as many cups as they can. I'd never ask someone to be loyal on a sinking ship when they can get more cups but that's me. Pens will still be fine without him, we survived before him afterall. We will never have this type of core again, but most teams don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad