Would Semin fit here?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
...Therrien would just put him on the 4th line with Prust & Malholtra, to "make him a better person" and teach "CHaracter"...:cry:
Maybe we can trade MT as part of the package...

They get Bork, MT and DD we get Semin. Sounds like a good trade to me. I just feel bad for Erik Staal now that he'll be playing 2nd fiddle to Davey.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
semin + 1st rounder 2014 for Beaulieu + Bourque + 1st rounder 2014 + 2nd rounder 2015

a shot at McDavid or Eichel

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
This idea that the cap is going up so what's 4MM extra here or there is the thought process that has a number of teams in cap trouble. The cap is zero sum proposition - if we use that 7MM on a 20G one dimensional player, it means it can't be used on a real quality free agent. Or a trade when an impact player goes down.

So ya, the cap will likely go up and we may be able to get rid of some dead weight. Assuming both of those scenarios, is Semin the guy we want to use to fill that cap space? Or do we trade Moen mid year, let Bourque play out his last two years, and use that 7-10M to get a real impact player?

There is almost no scenario where I see MB taking Semin back. He is playing the long game and knows that Semin may - and that's being generous - solve short term scoring problems but would create long term team/cap issues that would negate any short term benefit.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
If the price was right, of course. Semin's a quality player.

This is one of those opportunities where a team can obtain a core, or high end complementary to the core at the very least, player for cheap.

I think it'd be necessary to get some salary retained. And it would be worth paying more in order to get that retention.

And, in the worst case scenario that Semin doesn't perform in Montreal, then Montreal could unload a $5.5m contract/50-point player a whole lot easier, should it come to that.

I don't see much risk in this scenario.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Absolutely not, who wants a player that is payed 7mil a year for no reason?

Ppl complain about 9mil for Subban, this would be worst lol

Semin shows up to 1 game out of 10-15
Everyone thought he would flourish away from Washington and Ovechkin, He's done nothing and will do nothing. Wasted talent

Its balances Bork who shows up at games 83 for some reason.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Bergevin shouldn't trade assets for a guy like Semin, ideally you sign him. If he comes cheap, I do think he would have a place on the team. Semin has golden hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad