Would Hyman be Toronto's Best Playoff Performer

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABCUser

Mar 9, 2016
Curious to see what everyone else is thinking. If he was still there, especially this year, would he be the Leafs best player in the playoffs? He's showing he can step up, doesn't shy away, and is really helping the Oilers. I know he didn't carry or help push the Leafs to the second round. But, at this point, with Marner & Matthews missing time, I'm wondering if he would be their best playoff player or would it still be Tavares.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I was hoping he'd at least tie the playoff record in goals, but he slowed down in the Finals. Wanted to rub it in some Leafs fan's faces.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Probably would be there best player
Not close. Matthews is a tier above Hyman for sure. I'd argue that so is Marner. Hyman is a great player for what he brings and his contract, but he's not superstar level. That's a good thing for us honestly.

Reactions: Section337

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Curious to see what everyone else is thinking. If he was still there, especially this year, would he be the Leafs best player in the playoffs? He's showing he can step up, doesn't shy away, and is really helping the Oilers. I know he didn't carry or help push the Leafs to the second round. But, at this point, with Marner & Matthews missing time, I'm wondering if he would be their best playoff player or would it still be Tavares.
No he wouldn’t be.

And no Tavares never was our best playoff performer.

Hyman has found the perfect situation in Edmonton and that’s fantastic. He never showed any indication of that while he was here. Development isn’t linear but if you plopped him onto the Leafs I do not believe he would be the teams best playoff performer. He brings some crucial elements that would benefit any playoff team but the Leafs problems are a little more complicated, and I don’t think he’d shine the way he has in Edmonton.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Hyman is the perfect sidekick to players that play to win because he wins all the battles and has his offensive moments.

So basically no, He would have terrible stats in Toronto because the best players also have terrible stats because winning comes second to them

I'm so glad Hyman made it to Edmonton, completely changed his trajectory as a player & career greatness. No other player in the league can be as effective with McDrai level players

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
He was pretty rough for Toronto in the playoffs. Edmonton has been a much better fit for him.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
He fits better on the Oilers than the leafs to have this success. Not a knock on him even.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I can't see Hyman putting those numbers on Toronto, but yeah, Toronto would need this player badly

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Crazy that Matthews only has 7 more playoff goals in his career than Hyman has this year.

• Wow
Reactions: BTO

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
No. He's grown as a player with how he's been utilized in Edmonton. The coaching staff in Toronto is/was too stupid to get the most out of him, and that would have continued.

Plus Edmonton's best players are alot better than Toronto's best players in the playoffs, which helps.

Hyman is still one of my favorite players and it's great to see his success.

Reactions: dalewood12

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
They need to retire his number. Handshake respect and retiring hyman's number would go a long way in addressing their locker room culture.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad