Would Hyman be Toronto's Best Playoff Performer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hyman isn’t a shooter, Hyman taps pucks in lol. And gets a lot of deflections. It’s hard to make that kind of a scorer the primary guy. It’s not like Hyman is consistently breaking down the wing and firing them in. That’s why it was hard to project his current success. I definitely agree that he shouldn’t have been playing with Matthews. I would have liked to see Hyman - Tavares - Marner lines more during his time in Toronto.

However Toronto didn’t play a style that was conducive to Hyman’s success. We don’t score a lot of deflection goals and we don’t have a clap bump from the point.
By "shooter" I don't mean taking clappers from the blue line, I mean the finisher. The one finishing the play. It's really not a difficult concept.

Get to the difficult areas -> receive a pass -> score.

Requires the pass to receive.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Ya, there are times I think some Toronto fans are too sensitive, like you can’t discuss the team at all as an outsider. Then there are threads like this, which help explain those overly sensitive fans.

It speaks to the obsession. It’s so bizarre. The only reason way too many people watch is toronto.

All the storylines that could happen. Heck. Half Florida is Buffalo. No one cares.
Tkachuk talking smack and losing
Bobs HOF case
Hyman.

All the stuff last week.
Literally all people care about is Toronto.

It’s indisputable

Reactions: Rob Brown

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Why is this even open?
The Florida collapse thread got closed for what reason.

Isn’t that more relevant than a hypothetical Toronto/hyman thread?

The mods have decided it’s not relevant to discuss Florida having the biggest collapse in NHL sports history. AS it is happening?
And a player that they drafted demanding a trade from them to beat them.

But hypothetical fantasy land is somehow relevant???

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Wait.

The final is Florida and Edmonton.
Florida is one loss away from the biggest choke job in NHL history.

And people are more concerned about how Hyman would have played. In Toronto? Because what 4 years ago?

He literally was drafted by the panthers. Refused to play for them. And somehow the story is about Toronto.

Isn’t the story whether Hyman stayed in Florida would they have won the cup?

It’s hilarious and pathetic. Why does it matter? This is insane
This.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
It speaks to the obsession. It’s so bizarre. The only reason way too many people watch is toronto.

All the storylines that could happen. Heck. Half Florida is Buffalo. No one cares.
Tkachuk talking smack and losing
Bobs HOF case
Hyman.

All the stuff last week.
Literally all people care about is Toronto.

It’s indisputable

See, that’s where it gets hyperbolic- it’s one poster, it’s a silly thread, but that’s it. The Marner drama is gonna be a thing, Toronto is a bigger market so there’ll be some extra focus, but plenty of posters approach Toronto discussions with good intentions and normalcy. It’s just threads like this that make it more difficult to reach across the aisle or whatever.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Probably not. He is a secondary player, and and the players he would be playing with are not as good. Also, I don‘t think Matthews could set his ego aside to allow Hyman to thrive. McDavid doesn‘t mind bouncing pucks off of him into the net. Matthews wants those goals for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad