Would Hyman be Toronto's Best Playoff Performer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
No.

He sucked in Toronto and is quickly becoming the most overrated player in the league.

Good player, but he isn't the same player without McDavid.

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 11.35.28 PM.png

We've seen how he plays in Toronto already.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Curious to see what everyone else is thinking. If he was still there, especially this year, would he be the Leafs best player in the playoffs? He's showing he can step up, doesn't shy away, and is really helping the Oilers. I know he didn't carry or help push the Leafs to the second round. But, at this point, with Marner & Matthews missing time, I'm wondering if he would be their best playoff player or would it still be Tavares.
Sure, if we copy his statistics with Edmonton and pasted them on to Toronto.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
There is something in Toronto Maple Leafs they put in their gatorade that grows moustache and make them underachieve in PO!!!!

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I thought we were taking about the present day, no?
Bit silly for the premise of the thread to be 'if he was there this year' because if he was in Toronto this year he wouldn't be playing with the best player in the world in the SCF. He'd probably have put up average numbers and wouldn't be playing hockey in late June.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The inspiration from the team leaders on the two is as different night and day. Hyman could not come close to doing in Toronto what he dies in Edmonton.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I can't see Hyman putting those numbers on Toronto, but yeah, Toronto would need this player badly

We had this player and he scored 1 playoff goal each year for the 5 seasons we had him, playing with the teams best players.

Good on him for figuring it out but Hyman was never going to become what he currently is in Toronto

Reactions: Rob Brown

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I love when people go off and have success and prove their former boss/company/team wrong even if it's against my Leafs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Really happy for Hyman. Again proving he maybe the best UFA signing in NHL history and the biggest mistake a franchise has ever made in letting a player go for nothing. I will never understand why the Leafs let go a stud like Zach who loved being a Leaf and unlike the big 4 would have taken a discount to stay with Toronto. He deserves all the praise and success he has enjoyed this year. Big goals in the playoffs and 1 game away from the stanley cup. Dubas did him a favour in the end. One helluva player.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
No, Toronto has a special ability to suck the talent out of any player it has come playoff time

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Really happy for Hyman. Again proving he maybe the best UFA signing in NHL history and the biggest mistake a franchise has ever made in letting a player go for nothing. I will need understand why the Leafs let go a stud like Zach who loved being a Leaf and unlike the big 4 would have taken a discount to stay with Toronto. He deserves all the praise and success he has enjoyed this year. Big goals in the playoffs and 1 game away from the stanley cup. Dubas did him a favour in the end. One helluva player.
That's sort of the point, no? He didn't take a discount relative to what he was worth at the time, that is why the Leafs let him walk. They couldn't afford him.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
That's sort of the point, no? He didn't take a discount relative to what he was worth at the time, that is why the Leafs let him walk. They couldn't afford him.
They could have if they could afford Murray in net. Also if Management were more better at handling the cap by not spending themselves into a cap crunch. Hyman was willing to take less than he made in Edmonton to stay a Leaf. The fact that they didn’t make room for him as any good GM would have is clearly one of the worst misreads in NHL history by a NHL franchise.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
They could have if they could afford Murray in net. Also if Management were more better at handling the cap by not spending themselves into a cap crunch. Hyman was willing to take less than he made in Edmonton to stay a Leaf. The fact that they didn’t make room for him as any good GM would have is clearly one of the worst misreads in NHL history by a NHL franchise.
I'm not saying that they shouldn't have made space for him. They clearly made a mistake in hindsight.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Hyman would be fourth behind Matthews, Marner and Nylander. Hyman just isnt on any of their levels.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Hyman is better than any Leaf, but he wouldn't have this success in Toronto. Matthews used to complain about playing with him. And we all know the Leafs do whatever that loser asks them to.

Reactions: BTO

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Bit silly for the premise of the thread to be 'if he was there this year' because if he was in Toronto this year he wouldn't be playing with the best player in the world in the SCF. He'd probably have put up average numbers and wouldn't be playing hockey in late June.
He wouldn’t need to do any of that to be Toronto's best playoff performer though lmao

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Hyman is 32 years-old. He never put up numbers like this. I think he just fits really well in Edmonton.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Maybe, he wouldn’t have anyone half as good as McDavid, Draisaitl or Bouchard to play with so hard to say.

Last edited:

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Probably, no one shows up for the Leafs in the playoffs.

McDavid
Draisaitl
Bouchard
Hyman
RNH
Ekholm

These 6 players are better than any leaf player

Last edited:
Reactions: JarvisFunk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad