5. New York Rangers (MD2)
4. Carolina Hurricanes (MD1)
3. Toronto Maple Leafs (AD1)
2. Edmonton Oilers (PD1)
1. Dallas Stars (CD1)

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
The Flyers want to be terrible enough to pick in the top 5 but I don’t know if they’ll be bad enough, if they run Ersson into the ground it could get ugly enough.

The Flyers could trade off Konecny and Frost to the highest bidders at the deadline.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I don’t think the Flames will be dead last but they will be in the bottom of the league. And with all the vets, hopefully they are traded for picks/prospects, hopefully the Flame get another first round pick or two.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
It depends which of the bad teams has the worst injury luck. I would say that the Sharks, Flames, Ducks, Blue Jackets, Black Hawks, and Canadians are all in the running, with a surprise possibility or two. It is going to be another dreary season for fans of those teams.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
A lot of reasons really, don’t like their goaltending at all, don’t like their defense at all, don’t think Suzuki is a true 1C, and their second line is just gross.

Jake Allen was probably the the worst of the bunch performance wise. I get it with montembeault. Unless you are watching the team daily, my perception would be that he sucks too. He's been fine for the last couple seasons, though.

Suzuki just had a pretty darn good season, and that whole line looks like it's got something going since slafkovsky joined it. Dach missed 80 games last year so yes, his injury history is a question mark at that 2C spot. He's looked good when healthy though.

The defense has been bad, and it's expected to be bad. 4 of the 6 dmen started off as rookies and that wave of dmen is now entering their 3rd season.... it's kind of a trial by fire, but I suspect it will continue to be a weak point.

All in all, I definitely don't expect playoffs at all but I think they have a good chance of climbing out of the bottom 5.... I mean, they have only been at the borderline of the bottom 5 the last couple years regardless.... it wouldn't take alot to get them over that line.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I don’t think the Flames will be dead last but they will be in the bottom of the league. And with all the vets, hopefully they are traded for picks/prospects, hopefully the Flame get another first round pick or two.

It's possible if Wolf and Vladar both struggle to take the starting position. Markstrom isn't around to keep us from falling to the bottom.

Reactions: Fig

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
While I don't think Ottawa will be 32nd, I think it's a possibility and a team worth throwing into the mix. They have the talent to be good, but I think the hiring of Travis Green ended their season before it even began.

Reactions: MMC

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Probably the Ducks, or Sharks. Habs suffer some injuries maybe them.

The Ducks haven't really done anything and they sucked.

Still a few months for teams to do other things, but the bottom 3 are probably.

Montreal
San Jose
Anaheim

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Columbus really hasn’t made any improvements outside of signing Monahan, if Werenski gets injured again the Blue Jackets will falter as they allowed the 2nd most goals last season.
Columbus has a decent lineup on paper, only missing a top 4 d man (Laine might get traded for one), now with a new GM and coaching staff, they might actually start playing well

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
San Jose and Chicago got slightly less shitty. Montreal has a little too much talent up front to finish last.

Gunna say Anaheim, with Columbus, Calgary, Minnesota not too far ahead

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Chicago picked up some good pieces so far this offseason, no way in hell they're finishing dead last.

SJ is my pick, Columbus might do worse though. Elvis hasn't quite left the building but having a disgruntled goalie with a lot of term left in his contract isn't good. Even their GM stated "let's be honest, no one is touching that contract" when asked why he hasn't been moved 🤣

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It's 100% the Sharks or Hawks, most likely the Sharks. Every other team has at least a somewhat respectable roster. The Sharks are pure trash and the Hawks aren't far behind.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Ill say Sharks, theyll be more fun but still rough.

Getting rid of Vincent alone is a major boost. The team should be allowed to play offense next season which will be a welcome change
And our absolute worst defensive players on the blueline

Combined with a new system and hopefully some luck in the health department...

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
It's possible if Wolf and Vladar both struggle to take the starting position. Markstrom isn't around to keep us from falling to the bottom.
Markstrom's stats didn't really show it, but he has a great year last year and really held the flames in many games they had no business being in.

Kadri, Coleman, Weegar, and Backlund are the only vets likely to hold the Flames in any games.

Really hoping for a bottom finish but the sharks are historically bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad