Worst team next season

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
It's got to be the Sharks. The Ducks are obviously trying to tank right now, but they have a long way to go to catch up.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Definitely think the Sharks are still a really poor team, but I think the bump from Celebrini, Smith, and all the vets they added will be enough to keep them from the basement

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
What makes you say this? The Ducks are still very bad, but we’ve only added to the team this offseason, haven’t sold off any pieces beyond last deadline’s expiring players

Okay, maybe tank is a bit strong. They look like they're not ready to buy in for their run just yet. They mostly just sat out free agency. Long term, this is probably a good strategy, but I expect they'll be very comfortably out of a playoff spot again this year.

I could be surprised.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Ducks or Sharks.

I can't see the Flames bottoming out with some of the vets they still have. Future trades will secure a bottoming out though.

Kinda wild how all 3 are in the pacific division.

Feels very top heavy with Oilers Knights and Vancouver.

I'd say they have the best team in the league, a top 6 team in the league and the Knights are well they won the cup.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Okay, maybe tank is a bit strong. They look like they're not ready to buy in for their run just yet. They mostly just sat out free agency. Long term, this is probably a good strategy, but I expect they'll be very comfortably out of a playoff spot again this year.

I could be surprised.

As crazy as it sounds, There’s really no room in the top 9 or on the back end, the Ducks have to rely on the kids and hoping they progress. The players in FA who would’ve taken those spots mostly got grossly overpaid or crazy term, and that’s not even taking in to account IF the player even wanted to come to Anaheim. Reports are the Ducks were in on the big FA and offered more money, so they tried. I don’t expect them to make the playoffs, but GMPV is in trouble if they’re vying for the #1 pick again.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Ill say Sharks, theyll be more fun but still rough.

Columbus really hasn’t made any improvements outside of signing Monahan, if Werenski gets injured again the Blue Jackets will falter as they allowed the 2nd most goals last season.
Getting rid of Vincent alone is a major boost. The team should be allowed to play offense next season which will be a welcome change

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
At least to me, Montreal looks like the worst team right now

What makes you say this? Literally no impact player 31+ so shouldn't have any age related setback. Huston and Mailloux set to come in and improve D depth, Slafkovsky coming into his own, Dach will most likely play more than 26 minutes this season(One can only hope). They need a 2nd line winger to go with Dach and Newhook but they sure don't look like worst in the league.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
the Sharks had a -150 goal differential last season, only one other team was even below -100

it's still them, and possibly still by a significant margin
Ducks or Sharks
Sharks most likely.

Ducks I’d be concerned if they were that bad still. Asset collection should be done and it’s time to build the roster with better players to help the kids along. Ducks began rebuild when Verbeek arrived.

Utah and Mon in the bottom 6 I’d expect improvement. CBS, still pending HC and no clear moves from Waddell on their direction…. Chicago spent a bit.

Thought Ana would do better than Fabbri.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
What makes you say this? Literally no impact player 31+ so shouldn't have any age related setback. Huston and Mailloux set to come in and improve D depth, Slafkovsky coming into his own, Dach will most likely play more than 26 minutes this season(One can only hope). They need a 2nd line winger to go with Dach and Newhook but they sure don't look like worst in the league.
A lot of reasons really, don’t like their goaltending at all, don’t like their defense at all, don’t think Suzuki is a true 1C, and their second line is just gross.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
The Sharks were so bad last year that even if they won 6 more games they still would have been the second worst team in the league. For comparison, Ottawa (14th in the East) winning 6 more games puts them 1 point out of the playoffs.

• Wow
Reactions: Soundgarden

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I love the enthusiasm! After all, if you're going to have a bit, commit.
It's not even a bit, lol, anyone who looks at our defense should agree we're the worst team in the league on paper

The ONLY way I see us passing anyone in the standings is if Celebrini and Smith come out the gate as 100+ point players, which just isn't a realistic expectation

Most likely outcome is we finish last again next year, pick 3rd in the draft at 74% odds, and have a chance to finally get a real #1D prospect in the system, next season (2025‐26) is when I expect us to start slowly creeping up the standings, emphasis on "slowly"

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad