Worst Contract On Your Team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
What? He's being paid $9 million and he's been average at best this year. Behind Josi and Ekholm this year and was behind Ellis all of last year. If you're the highest paid defenseman in the league who can't make god awful turnovers that lead to breakaways constantly.

But please, tell us who's Nashville's worst contract?

I'd say Subban at 9 is better than Johansen at 8 from a pure ability standpoint, but given the make up of the team I can understand Johansen being more valuable at 8. I wouldn't say any Nashville contracts are actually bad though. One of the reasons they're a good team.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Russell, Lucic, Draisaitl. Take your pick.

Russell's is probably the worst just because he's not even a year in and he's horrendous. Lucic's will probably take another year or two to really be brutal. Drai is good but overpaid by like 2mil.

Edit: Does Chiarelli's contract count? Because if so, I pick that one.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Can't say the Leafs really have a bad one. Marleau may be a tad overpaid for his age but the rest aren't bad right now.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Boedker AINEC.

4 years at 4 million and he's only good for 10 goals and 30 points max.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Bad timing for LA. Gaborik is back and playing great. If he keeps it up he’s worth his contract, this year. The other two obvious ones are Brown and Kopitar and again both are providing value, right now.

Outside of those three usual suspects our contracts are mostly good value. The one I hate, but isn’t a disaster, is Kyle Clifford. 1.6 for a bottom 3 left wing is too much by about 600k. His production has never warranted it (6 a year, maybe) and he’s not good enough defensively for anything put a bottom end contract. Our cap issues the last couple of years made it money we could have done with.

I recognise that this makes me picky.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Callahan's contract is worse than Killorn's.

I think it's the length. 5 vs 2 more years. The Cap is expected to go up a lot in the next 2 years anyway kinda nullifying that cap hit. Also with all the Clarkson's and Bolland's of that bad contract era. Callahan is still standing and playing very well. Little to show for it on the scoresheet but you can't put all the blame on him with that.

Reactions: Reeps

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think it's the length. 5 vs 2 more years. The Cap is expected to go up a lot in the next 2 years anyway kinda nullifying that cap hit. Also with all the Clarkson's and Bolland's of that bad contract era. Callahan is still standing and playing very well. Little to show for it on the scoresheet but you can't put all the blame on him with that.
I guess it's how you look at it, Killorn's cap hit 1,35 mil less but longer, but at the moment you get more from Killorn. Callahan just hasn't been putting up much offense. Also Killorn has been a beast in the playoffs. But how that contract will look in the end is still very much up in the air.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Troy Brouwer makes $4.5 million for this season and the next 2, and he has a No-Trade Clause. He played himself down the lineup last year, ending on the 4th line, and he has 0 goals in 25 games so far this year.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I don't know about currently but I hope Marleau's doesn't turn into one.

A 41 year old with a $6.25m cap hit and NMC.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The Myers contract isn't bad at all. Sure the cap hit is $5.5M, and we could argue about how much value we're getting from it, but his salary is much lower. He's getting paid $3.5M this year, and $3.0M next year, which is a bargain for small market teams. You could make a better case for Mason at this point, but that was a short-term gamble. If this is our "worst" contract, we're in good shape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad