GDT: Worst Contract in NHL History - Oilers v Leafs @ 5PM (of course it is, that is the only time the Leafs play)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I feel like outside of the first few shots we barely get scored on, but it can be scary starting some games. Act like you’re down 0-2 when the puck drops, don’t give them anything easy

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Hate to see Stecher go back to the pressbox when there are dmen that are worse than him in the lineup. We have the most ass backwards front office/coaching staff in the league.

Best game from our #1 in months? Nah, screw it. Let's go back to the dcore that can't break a puck out under pressure whatsoever
Maybe Knob thinks Ceci will be dialed in for this one because he got chased out of Toronto in the past. It’s overthinking things, just go with the superior lineup.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Hate to see Stecher go back to the pressbox when there are dmen that are worse than him in the lineup. We have the most ass backwards front office/coaching staff in the league.

Best game from our #1 in months? Nah, screw it. Let's go back to the dcore that can't break a puck out under pressure whatsoever
39-12-3 sure sounds like a dumpster fire to me.

Yeah, I'll leave the lineup decisions to a coach who seems to know what he's doing & has all the info available over some random on the internet.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
VD and Ceci are both frauds and 7D at best.

Also, it looks like we're loading up McDrai again. I just dont really know what this coaching staff is doing/thinking.
I don’t mind loading up the top line for a few games, mostly to see if the rest of the lineup can handle their duties. Having the option of putting a game breaking line on the ice is huge, but only if your other lines can contribute too.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

Might be a bit dramatic. Our current coaching staff has a 39-12-3 record with a 2.56 GAA (would be fourth best in the league over the whole season).

Knob hasn’t given me any reason to doubt him yet.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I do wonder how much of its leadership related. I always get the impression the leaders want certain guys in the lineup. I also question how much patience they have with young players in the lineup. Not sure it’s coincidence that we have the most veteran team and while Holland plays a part, I don’t know if its all him. But who knows honestly.

Reactions: Oil53 and Oilhawks

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
View attachment 840325

View attachment 840328

This quote from Editor in Leaf will go down in Internet lore as perhaps the worst tweet in history.

That or the classic "Puljujarvi Makes McDavid Better" double knee slap laffer.

Fact: Hyman has perhaps the best contract in history at this particular point in time which is all we can measure.

Oiler fans wish for 2 things today. 1 of course is a win over the hated Leafs and their obnoxious fan base who have planned so many late June parades in September that they have it down to a science but always seem to wind up planning tee times and golf foursomes in late April.

Of course last playoffs they defeated their Round 1 demons and their fans chanted for Florida.

Sometimes you better be careful what you wish for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:edmonton Projected lines

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Mcleod-RNH-Foegele
Kane-Henrique-Perry
Janmark-Carrick-Brown

Nurse-Desharnais
Ekholm-Bouchard
Kulak-Ceci

Skinner

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cant write about the Leaf lines as there is a shortage of digital ink because SN and TSN spill so much of that ink on a daily basis as that is the only team they write about.

Terrorist attack in Moscow today! "How does it affect the Leafs"

GD Music - Be Quick or Be Dead - Iron Maiden

Fearless Prediction

Oilers 5 Leafs 3

GDT dont lose

Read the Thread headline and thought we were talking about that Nylander contract. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1697696021895971.gif

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
I really like how Knoblauch is full on experimenting with postseason lines, especially the third, which in certain game situations would help us plenty as a shutdown line.

Maybe Knob thinks Ceci will be dialed in for this one because he got chased out of Toronto in the past. It’s overthinking things, just go with the superior lineup.
Also Ceci is under fire with Stetcher doing well, don’t see an outright benching happening but writing is on the wall, he needs to step up.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
I do wonder how much of its leadership related. I always get the impression the leaders want certain guys in the lineup. I also question how much patience they have with young players in the lineup. Not sure it’s coincidence that we have the most veteran team and while Holland plays a part, I don’t know if its all him. But who knows honestly.
That's the rumor is that a lot of the guys were held up being traded because McDrai wanted them to stay (McLovin, Ceci...etc).

Reactions: Drivesaitl

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
VD and Ceci are both frauds and 7D at best.

Also, it looks like we're loading up McDrai again. I just dont really know what this coaching staff is doing/thinking.
Desharnais is just fine, postseason hockey is a different animal and those overemphasizing exit passes and entry denial are not looking at the whole picture, not to mention he’s moved up a pair and can handle it, unlike some of our other defensemen. Cough cough, Kulak.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Desharnais is just fine, postseason hockey is a different animal and those overemphasizing exit passes and entry denial are not looking at the whole picture, not to mention he’s moved up a pair and can handle it, unlike some of our other defensemen. Cough cough, Kulak.
I'll take a rusty kulak if we get the version of Darnell Nurse we saw last game when he was paired with Stecher.

That hasn't happened, or is even close to happening, with him having to play with either VD or Ceci

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
This team isn't deep enough to have Mcdrai on the same line, I don't know how many times we have to try that failed experiment.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Not a fan of the lines/pairings tonight either, but it's just the coaching staff doing exactly what they said they were going to do. Trying out different combinations down the stretch.

Gonna be a lot of experimentation the rest of the way.

Reactions: Sanchez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad