U20: World Junior Summer Showcase, July 28-Aug. 5, 2017, Plymouth, Michigan

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
USA White looks like they could probably go to the WJC and finish top 3 with ease...

I think Canada White is better than their red team though. A lot more skill up front.

Fought

Nov 17, 2013
Varberg
Does anyone know how i can watch the game between USA and Sweden in Sweden later today? It seems TSN is streaming, but the website asks what TV provider i have, and for obvious reasons i don't have access to.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
USA is beastly at international junior level. Best country in the world probably.

They can credit the USNDP for that. So many of these guys have played together for awhile. Natural chemistry. Unfortunately for USA Hockey fans, that seems to be where the national team peaks. Very different story at the senior level.

siegeofshanghai*

They can credit the USNDP for that. So many of these guys have played together for awhile. Natural chemistry. Unfortunately for USA Hockey fans, that seems to be where the national team peaks. Very different story at the senior level.

true that ^

tournament starts today?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

Sucks to see Mismash and Barratt cut as both of them played really well yesterday imo.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia

Doesn't happen overnight, USA Hockey has progressively gotten better from the bottom up. Not long before it shows on the senior level.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Doesn't happen overnight, USA Hockey has progressively gotten better from the bottom up. Not long before it shows on the senior level.

Im not so sure. Canada still has a quantity and quality edge on overall talent produced. I think the USNDP is the niche that gives the US such a big advantage over Canada at the junior level. Canada's top junior talent is pretty much spread throughout the entire CHL and most of these guys dont even know each other before these camps. I actually admire the US Development program...id like to see perhaps regional U-16 development programs in Canada that precede the CHL and give the best players a chance to meet and play with one another before the U-17, U-18, and U-20 junior tournaments down the line, but unfortunately that'll never happen for various reasons.

The senior teams just draw from the NHL, a much more even playing field where little to no pre-established chemistry exists or has faded away. The US junior team has been competitive with Canada for about 15 years now, or at least since 2004. The senior levels not so much.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
I think lineup is this by quickly reading numbers

Talvitie 27 - Kuokkanen 9 - Turkulainen 15
Koivula 36 - Ikonen 20 - Nurmi 21
Innala 13 - Räsänen 32 - Tuulola 25
Jääskä 18 - Koppanen 37 - Moilanen 10

Välimäki 29 - Salo 4
Vaakanainen 5 - Räsänen 7
Kotkansalo 6 - Laavainen 2

Luukkonen

Last edited: