U20: World Junior Summer Showcase, July 28-Aug. 5, 2017, Plymouth, Michigan

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
HockeyTV's pricing is a joke. 29,99€ for 6 games since you need to buy the monthly pass.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I didn't see a lot of this game, but the 15 minutes or so that I watched I thought Finland looked pretty bad.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
First time getting proper look at Roope Laavainen and he impressed. Big guy who skates well, good hands, tape to tape passes and had mistake free game. definetly earned his draft pick.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
So Sweden beat USA blue 4-3 in a high tempo game but it wasn't pretty. Summer hockey at it's finest, both teams looked very unorganized and a lot of players looked extremely rusty like one could expect. Was mainly focusing on the Swedish players and nobody really wowed me.

Liljegren was probably the best Swede on the ice but I thought all Swedish D-men did a good job aside from a couple of really bad turnovers. Dahlin played both PP and PK and looked really rusty in the 1st but got better and better as the game rolled along, he has definitely grown a bit over the summer but is still very lanky and physically outmatched, especially along the boards.

Pettersson didn't stand out at all in this game and left after the 2nd period with an injury. Andersson looked fine but Lundeström looked out of place on their line the entire game. Really want to see Pettersson at center instead, he disappears too often on the wing in international tournaments.

I know these games are just glorified scrimmages but playing Wahlgren, Steen and Karlström on the 1st PP over Pettersson and Andersson seems pretty stupid to me.

Last edited:

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Ouch, that's crazy

It might seem crazy, but I'm not sure how they overcome it. They are trying to bring viewers every hockey game that's not "senior" hockey.

They need to pay X-teen organizations for broadcast rights and demand is all long-tail. They probably cannot structure it as PPV, becuase the underlying leagues want some revenue stability...I dunno...I'm just guessing. Different cost and revenue models introduce different risks to either side of the market and I think if they COULD lower it or do PPV, they would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad