World Cup QF: Sep 8 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Wow, lining 5 players across the neutral zone really makes it hard for Canada to get anything going through the neutral zone. It may be the only way for the Slovaks to win I guess. :cry:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
1897 said:
Who's that guy singing the national anthems? Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Weirdest thing, most comments I heard about him (like 19 out of 20) comments were very positive. I saw him sing the Russian national anthem in the first game as well. Interesting choise!

This game could very well turn out to be Slovakias game after all. Canada was not as overwhelming as I predicted, they did not have that many chances. Slovakia was close to a break away at least twice...It might take just one.

We'll see.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
loadie said:
Wow, lining 5 players across the neutral zone really makes it hard for Canada to get anything going through the neutral zone. It may be the only way for the Slovaks to win I guess. :cry:

That's what Germany did against Finland for a long while and got them frustrated. If Canada won't score soon, the game will become painfull to watch when both start avoiding any mistakes....

And they are wasting more energy than Slovakia right now.

Burnaby_Joe*

Burke saying Moore's injury was more from the pile up. :shakehead Get a job you big baby.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Am I the only one thorougly annoyed by the poor atmosphere in Toronto? "The capital of hockey"? Yeah, right... It's a QF game and a Finnish reporter just said that he has never experienced as poor atmosphere in Toronto as now. :shakehead

Anyways, interesting game. Slovakia might even win this one.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Looks like it'll be a real hard hitting clutch and grab game.
The Lemieux line is looking real good tonight, they're bound to get the goal they've been seeking. This will be an interesting finish.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Mr. Penguin said:
Am I the only one thorougly annoyed by the poor atmosphere in Toronto? "The capital of hockey"? Yeah, right... It's a QF game and a Finnish reporter just said that he has never experienced as poor atmosphere in Toronto as now. :shakehead

Anyways, interesting game. Slovakia might even win this one.

Just goes to show there's no ambiance like Montreal, we're the hockey capital of the world.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Tito_Ortiz said:
Almost as bad as Modano's dive? :lol

I thought this was the Slovakia/Canada game thread..I didnt know Modano was Slovakian or Canadian...what does that have to do with the fact that it looked like Doan took a dive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad