GWT: World Cup - Group A (Netherlands and Senegal Advance)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Advances?

• Qatar

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 66 97.1%
  • Senegal

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Ecuador

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Damn Ecuador should've won from the parts I managed to watch. Like I said very underrated sadly there goes their chances of winning the group.

Reactions: Gecklund

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Well That will eliminate Qatar.. (they still have a match but are unable to advance.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Impressed by Ecuador as they could have locked their entry by deservedly winning today; however, they're in for a heartbreaker against a Senegal team fighting for their spot.

• Haha
Reactions: Panteras

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
After the early goal the Dutch had no offense. Meaningless time of possession and so many backwards passes. No verticality, no attacking.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
Mea culpa they were the better side today but all I saw from therm previously were WC qualifiers and, outside of Quito, they were mediocre at best.
If I’m not mistaken they were saying that Ecuador hadn’t conceded a goal in like 900+ minutes? So they’re not an east side to breakdown.

I could be wrong, but I can’t see Senegal beating them.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Never understood why he garnered that much hype, and why Barcelona spent that much money when in their league there's plenty of DMs who play as good.

They have better players in La Masia. If they had payed him the 15 million or whatever he wanted they could have offload him to United for like 70-80 million and he would have been Uniteds problem. Such a stupid decision.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Btw. West Ham have had a couple of good forwards who sucked for them. The likes of Valencia and Haller doing great but not for West Ham. What do you think of that Jersey Fresh?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
FdJ is such a disappointment. He’s terrible. Barca might regret they fought over money.

LOL, sure. He’s terrible. So terrible he’d easily walk into Arsenal’s midfield and be their best midfielder. I’ll assume you’re referencing today’s match which I haven’t seen. However, I am seeing that he was seven for seven in tackles, had two interceptions and a clearance to go with a 93% pass completion rate. That’s not to mention the players he’s surrounded by, especially those in front of him.

Hard to regret fighting over money when the player wasn’t going to leave whatsoever, a position he’s doubled down on just days ago. Furthermore, socios just convened and are very happy with him as is this supporter.

Never understood why he garnered that much hype, and why Barcelona spent that much money when in their league there's plenty of DMs who play as good.

Well watch him regularly and you’ll understand if you understand some of the intricacies of what he does. His transfer fee was high, but it won’t mean much if he stays as long as he probably will. His wages are the problem. Anyway, go ahead and provide a list of the “plenty of DMs who plays as good” in La Liga.

They have better players in La Masia. If they had payed him the 15 million or whatever he wanted they could have offload him to United for like 70-80 million and he would have been Uniteds problem. Such a stupid decision.

Again, he wasn’t going to move. To the point, go ahead and provide a list of the “better players in La Masia.”

Btw. West Ham have had a couple of good forwards who sucked for them. The likes of Valencia and Haller doing great but not for West Ham. What do you think of that Jersey Fresh?

My guess is that @Jersey Fresh thinks that you don’t compare competitions that aren’t comparable.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
de Jong lacks agility and is a terrible finisher, but everything else he does close to perfection, ball control, through balls, short passes. I also don't see him as a DM, not aggressive enough for the position, he's better as a number 8. He's also capable of playing passes like the winning goal in the first game, which very few players can play. You take the good with the bad.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
LOL, sure. He’s terrible. So terrible he’d easily walk into Arsenal’s midfield and be their best midfielder. I’ll assume you’re referencing today’s match which I haven’t seen. However, I am seeing that he was seven for seven in tackles, had two interceptions and a clearance to go with a 93% pass completion rate. That’s not to mention the players he’s surrounded by, especially those in front of him.

Hard to regret fighting over money when the player wasn’t going to leave whatsoever, a position he’s doubled down on just days ago. Furthermore, socios just convened and are very happy with him as is this supporter.

Well watch him regularly and you’ll understand if you understand some of the intricacies of what he does. His transfer fee was high, but it won’t mean much if he stays as long as he probably will. His wages are the problem. Anyway, go ahead and provide a list of the “plenty of DMs who plays as good” in La Liga.

Again, he wasn’t going to move. To the point, go ahead and provide a list of the “better players in La Masia.”

My guess is that @Jersey Fresh thinks that you don’t compare competitions that aren’t comparable.

He’s nowhere near Partey and Xhaka who probably is the best midfield in the world nowadays. But you have to watch Arsenal day in day out to see that.

• Haha
Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Not that long ago that the same Arsenal fans were telling us Xhaka wouldn't be fit to play in the Championship.

He wasn’t. You have to watch and understand football to acknowlage if someone is playing good or bad you know. And it isn’t forbidden to admit that someone has redeem himself like Xhaka has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad