Injury Report: Woll injured - Oct 9, 2024 (lower body tightness after practice)

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
In the other spectrum...hildebeast:
1728679565903.png

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Maple Leafs goaltender Joseph Woll’s injury revelation prior to Wednesday’s season opener was certainly unexpected, and Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reported on the latest 32 Thoughts The Podcast about the situation. Friedman stated that he doesn’t get the sense there is a loss in trust but he does know they were hoping not to have to placed him on injured reserve this early in the season.

“Some of the talk in Toronto was ‘How are these guys going to trust them? They’re going to lose faith, how can they believe in them?'” Friedman said. “When things like that get said, what I wonder about is, is it opinion or is someone telling people this? Opinions are fine, everybody’s entitled to them. But I think there’s a difference between that’s what people are saying and that’s what is being told them. Right now I can’t tell, to be perfectly honest, if there’s any team-wide disappointment at it, but they were definitely hoping that it wouldn’t be the case right now and they have no choice but to bubble wrap him.”

In terms of how the Woll suffered his most recent injury, Friedman reported that he got the sense from Leafs reporters that Woll seemed off for a few days leading up to Wednesday.
There were reportedly whispers on Tuesday night, per Friedman, that Woll was not going to play in the season opener and that Anthony Stolarz would get the nod while Dennis Hildeby would be joining the team, all three of which ended up being accurate.

Stolarz played well despite losing 1-0 to the Montreal Canadiens while Hildeby impressed in his NHL debut with a 4-2 win over the New Jersey Devils. As for Woll, Friedman said the sense he got is the injury is not serious but the Leafs may alter his workload on non-game days moving forward.

“In this day and age, I think you’re seeing a lot of more teams starting to say that ‘You can’t do this anymore, that there has to be more rest,'” he said. “For Woll, I think they’re going to say ‘No more practicing as much as you do.’ Each team gets four days off a month, which is CBA-mandated, but I wonder if you’re gonna see it even more. I do believe that that’s one of the things they’re discussing.”

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
that there has to be more rest,
that sounds good, but i'll say "that's not his problem"

His problem is his "save the puck at all costs, all the time".

He made a heart wrenching splits save in the first period of a preseason game.

He has to change HIS approach.

And that is hard to do.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad