Injury Report: Woll injured - Oct 9, 2024 (lower body tightness after practice)

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
1) He rejected an offer from the Rangers to be the highest paid goalie in the league.

2) Not if they lose in the 1st round again and he disappears into his perimeter deer in the headlights style of play.

3) Possibly. But nowhere near close to what he's making now.
Come on, man. You honestly think the New York Rangers, who have more money than the Leafs, are going to let the guy who is probably the best goalie in the league walk away over money? Not a chance in you know what.

As for the Leafs, I doubt they will wait until the playoffs to sign Marner.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Come on, man. You honestly think the New York Rangers, who have more money than the Leafs, are going to let the guy who is probably the best goalie in the league walk away over money? Not a chance in you know what.

As for the Leafs, I doubt they will wait until the playoffs to sign Marner.
I never said that the Rangers would. I'm just saying that if he does make it to free agency, the Leafs have to do everything in their power to try and get him. Or at the absolute very least drive up the price and really make the Rangers pay to resign him. If I'm not mistaken though I think the Rangers have a lot more money tied up in cap space for next season then we do.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Sammy gave up 1 goal on 29 shots thru 60 minutes in game 7, he's not at all the reason we lost.

If you have prime Patrick Roy between the pipes and you have the option to take either a guaranteed 1 GA in a game 7 or take your chances on a Roy start, you take the 1GA ten times out of ten.
Samsonov wasn’t the reason only one goal was scored and if I remember correctly it was a rather poor goal. What effect did not having Woll after him winning game 5 and 6 on the team? Who would you rather have started if you had a choice, Woll or Samsonov?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad