Injury Report: Woll injured - Oct 9, 2024 (lower body tightness after practice)

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
I really like watching Woll (when he plays), but Hildeby does not seem to have any major issues in his game. Maybe puck handling?

Goalies are voodoo on what their potential is, but I think we see Hildeby considered on par with Woll come this time next year.

KaN19

Jun 25, 2023
Just realized that next season we'll have over $11 million tied up in Woll, Liljegren, Kampf, and Jarnkrok.

• Haha
Reactions: rumman

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
All you can do is hope that he is healthy enough to keep Stolarz and Hildeby from being overworked. That's just how it is with Woll. He's a skilled goalie. But can't treat him as more than a 1B because you can't actually count on him being able to play.

Not a surprising turn. Well maybe a bit surprising. I figured he'd at least play the opener before missing games due to injury.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
FR, some people's bodies just clearly get injured more easily than others. Look at Lupul. Meanwhile you have people like Ovie who played extremely physical for years and barely had a major injury, or a dude like Kessel who clearly was not a health/workout freak yet has the ironman streak.
With only one stone too boot………

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leafs play tomorrow too then Saturday. So Stolie likely goes Saturday, but their next game isn’t until the 16th so this keeps Woll in that rotation.

I think it shows two things:

- they’re because cautious with Woll early on
- they’re also high on Hildeby (which we already kinda knew) and want to use any opportunity to give him a chance to start

Tough break for Woll but there’s no reason to slag him

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Having to alter the goalie assignment right off the hop unfortunately isn't the most ideal of situations to be in. Would have been good to give Stolarz the start tomorrow night for hometown reasons, but I'm increasingly wary about that possibility now.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Start Stolarz today and Hildeby tomorrow.

Try to give Hildeby work where you can this year

Find out what you have

If Hildeby is good this year, move off Woll.

The durability isn't good enough.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
LOL didn't even make the first game to be a goalie-gate.

We're just a cursed franchise.

There used to be a Leaf in the 2000's who was injured so often that I called him Glass-Man, i don't recall who it was now. I think Joe Woll might be the new one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad