WMU officially out of Tournament -- DD watch starts now'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

Glenn Healy says DD is going to agent Donnie Meehan's office Tuesday to start the process

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Glenn Healy says DD is going to agent Donnie Meehan's office Tuesday to start the process

I hope he wants to play at home in Detroit. Although thats not always the case for Michigan natives. He did attend Detroit's prospect camp which is a good sign.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Steve-Yzerman_475.jpg

Yeah, but what about him? He liked him as a player? That's a silly reason to choose to play somewhere...because you liked the GM as a player? Or do they actually know each other like DD knows Nill?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yeah, but what about him? He liked him as a player? That's a silly reason to choose to play somewhere...because you liked the GM as a player? Or do they actually know each other like DD knows Nill?

I hope he chooses Detroit but the Bolts have Stamkos and Hedman, two young guys who are cornerstones for a team that could be good for a long time. Sort of like Schultz choosing Edmonton. I'm not saying he should choose Tampa, just that there are other reasons beyond idolizing Stevie Y.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

For whatever reason, Yzerman has been getting college agents pretty well.. J.T. Brown, Sustr..

Also

It came down to Detroit and Tampa Bay – and Holland and Holland’s protege, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman, the Wings great who just so happened to be Brunner’s father’s favorite player. Brunner said his talk with Yzerman was the “most impressive meeting†he had ever had. He called Yzerman “awesome.†He said it took “courage†to tell him no.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--d...make-it-big-with-the-red-wings-165028450.html

CloneHakanPlease*

TSN Just said that Detroit St Louis Edmonton and Anaheim were the teams In play for DeKeyser I just cant see him going to those other teams over Detroit.

Would you rather be a young millionaire in Anaheim or play in Grand Rapids one more year. Just saying some people may look at it differently.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Would you rather be a young millionaire in Anaheim or play in Grand Rapids one more year. Just saying some people may look at it differently.

First off who's to say that DeKeyser will be spending time In Grand Rapids, By all accounts with Detroits defense as bad as It Is I see DeKeyser coming right In and most likely taking over Whites spot and with Quincey out he would make the big club.

Dekemeister

Sep 12, 2010

Everything I've read is speculating that he'd come right into the Wings. Can't hurt to try, not exactly like we have a tight D corp or anything

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Everything I've read is speculating that he'd come right into the Wings. Can't hurt to try, not exactly like we have a tight D corp or anything
Not sure why he'd need to go to Toronto to meet with his agent if that's truly the case. And bring his hockey equipment, which is what Bob MacKenzie was reporting. I hope we get him but it certainly doesn't come across as being a slam dunk he signs with Detroit.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
From the other thread:
Helene St. James‏@HeleneStJames

#RedWings confident they are front-runners for UFA D Danny DeKeyser. Should know by mid-week if that's the case.

Helene St. James‏@HeleneStJames

UFA D Danny DeKeyser born in Macomb, went to De LaSalle HS. #RedWings can offer him top-4 minutes, PP time, opp. to play in front of family.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Not sure why he'd need to go to Toronto to meet with his agent if that's truly the case. And bring his hockey equipment, which is what Bob MacKenzie was reporting. I hope we get him but it certainly doesn't come across as being a slam dunk he signs with Detroit.
I think that sort of thing can be the product of the agent as well. Danny might say to him that he wants to play in Detroit, and the agent says that he can still play in Detroit. They'll just get Detroit to offer the very best they can this way.

RedWingsNow*

North American Defensemen = Stuart for some of you guys.

Weird.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
The hype for someone who isn't better then 6 or 7 of our present defenseman is unreal.

Zero assets for a young guy with a potential ceiling to fill a huge hole in our blue line. The play style is something we're lacking this year without Stuart.

Yeah, it's easy to get caught up in the collegiate free agent hype, but there's literally nothing to lose giving him a shot.. and plenty to potentially gain.

The reason people are getting excited isn't for his abilities this season. Offering him a roster spot might be a route we have to take for him to sign. Could give us the luxury of being able to move Ian White or somebody for some picks.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
The hype for someone who isn't better then 6 or 7 of our present defenseman is unreal.

He's no Justin Schultz so I will agree to a certain extent. However he'd be a great fit while we wait to see how our next wave of d-men (Ouellet, Sproul, Backman, Jensen) develop. It'd also make it easier to get rid of Quincey who is paid far above what he brings to the team IMO.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
Wild: Suter, Parise (Result: Division leader, top team in west)

That's laughable, the Wild are tied for first with Vancouver at 38 points...if you've watched I highly doubt it is the result of Suter. It isn't as difficult when the Oilers, Flames and Avs are the other teams in your league. Kings winning the cup was a result of great defense/goaltending.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
He's no Justin Schultz so I will agree to a certain extent. However he'd be a great fit while we wait to see how our next wave of d-men (Ouellet, Sproul, Backman, Jensen) develop. It'd also make it easier to get rid of Quincey who is paid far above what he brings to the team IMO.

He doesn't look dynamic offensively but that's not what the Wings need. They need Brad Stuart - rock solid defensively and doesn't humiliate himself with the puck. Dekeyser looks like he could be that kind of player, and capable of being that good.

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
Yes he is a horrible GM, hasn't pleased me since the summer of 2008 when he managed to sign Hossa. Not one good thing since.

I hope DD signs here, but you understand that these young ones look at the organization and how much icetime they give to the young players and think "Is this really worth it when I can get promised top4 Minutes on several other teams?"

Im a massive red wing fan but i spend limited time of this board because of the stupidity i see of red wing fans. Ken holland is a bad GM? are you kidding me, he has a cup, hes been in the playoffs ever since his tenure in detroit, and even with a loss of lidsrtum, rafalski and stuart we still are looking good for the playoffs this year, and our prospect pool is looking good. Ken Holland is recgonized as one of the better GM's in the league lol i dont know why people (mainly wings fans) dont like him lol. I even come on this board and see a thread named "more speculation babcock is fired", these stupid comments and threads like that are why i dont bother with the wings board.

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
As for DD i really hope we get this kid, i dont know much about him but when bob mackenzie says he has top 4 potential right now, then he must be pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad