WMU officially out of Tournament -- DD watch starts now'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Yes he is a horrible GM, hasn't pleased me since the summer of 2008 when he managed to sign Hossa. Not one good thing since.

I hope DD signs here, but you understand that these young ones look at the organization and how much icetime they give to the young players and think "Is this really worth it when I can get promised top4 Minutes on several other teams?"

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yes he is a horrible GM, hasn't pleased me since the summer of 2008 when he managed to sign Hossa. Not one good thing since.

I hope DD signs here, but you understand that these young ones look at the organization and how much icetime they give to the young players and think "Is this really worth it when I can get promised top4 Minutes on several other teams?"

Brunner?

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Mindfly, this is a "Danny DeKeyser" thread, not a bash Holland thread. If you want to bash Holland, make your own thread, don't derail this one.

sureWhyNot

Jan 24, 2012
Chicago
Personally I am a fan of how the wings develop their prospects.

But in regards to DD, I don't think what other teams promise really matters - with the exception of Yzerman in Tampa bay.

He is a coveted prospect. I am not stupid enough to think he will swoop in and be lidstrom reincarnated, but I really would like to see us get him.

If we do, I can see him going initially to GR but would bet my arm he gets a couple games up with the big boys as well to see how he can handle it.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
As for the pairings... I don't understand the underrating of Kindl. He's currently better than Smith (which isn't saying much since Smith is just starting out) but let's not forget that this is Kindl's first full year... and it's not even a full year. I think he's going to be a solid second liner here on out and hopefully paired with Ericsson.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
If signing Hossa is your barometer for being happy[mod].

How many teams have signed a FA of Hossa's stature since 08?
Examples
Rangers: Gaborik, Richards, (Result: ECF), Traded for Nash.
Kings: Traded for M.Richards, Traded for Carter (Result: Stanley cup)
Wild: Suter, Parise (Result: Division leader, top team in west)

CloneHakanPlease*

Examples
Rangers: Gaborik, Richards, (Result: ECF), Traded for Nash.
Kings: Traded for M.Richards, Traded for Carter (Result: Stanley cup)
Wild: Suter, Parise (Result: Division leader, top team in west)

I lold so hard at this post. Bad examples except LA. Nyr and wild will regret those contracts

Last edited by a moderator:

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Man, that was all Babcock and Roest. Don't you know the HF law that Holland is solely responsible for everything bad that happens and has nothing to do with anything good that happens. :sarcasm:
Just like the trade that got us our top 2 defensive prospects was all Nill.

Don't forget when we have a bad game it's ALL Babcock's fault!!!!! And he should be FIRED on the spot for losing a game!!! :sarcasm:

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Time to see who wants to give up a 2nd for White, send Lashoff back to GR until CC breaks down again, and get this guy signed and in the lineup.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Who got him 3 2nd rounders to draft Jurco, Ouellet and Sproul?

Um, if Nill is the one calling the shots for the draft, then Nill is the one telling Kenny that he's got his eye on two players he think could fall out of the first round. Kenny isn't going to simply swap one early pick for two picks simply for the sake of multiplication - it'll be because there are particular players targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA