Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Why aren't these guys at the tourney? But guys like Mctavish and cooley are playing? I don't get it.
Well Xhejaj is too old...lol. But the other 3, well Guhle had a nagging injury. And somehow, they think that Slaf and Mesar has played a lot of hockey. AND more importantly, they WILL be at the Worlds in December, something McT won't be at. We will see with the others.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
For what it's worth I think he's finding more chemistry with McTavish, which makes a huge difference. Roy is clever he knows where to go on the ice, if someone can find him then that benefits his style of play a lot.

I also don't think he's more implicated. It's just that he and his linemates found their groove. These guys never played together it takes time. Roy is also not a puck hog or a great skater/forechecker. Those that are can just jump in any game and look fine, but I feel that once Roy is settled in a team he's got potential to be excellent.
Exactly, hes been pushing the same pace and doing the same moves. Hes been playing the exact same game and thats the game that will see him be succesful

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Well Xhejaj is too old...lol. But the other 3, well Guhle had a nagging injury. And somehow, they think that Slaf and Mesar has played a lot of hockey. AND more importantly, they WILL be at the Worlds in December, something McT won't be at. We will see with the others.
How do you figure that McT is not going back but Slaf and Mesar WILL be there.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
McT will be busy playing for the Ducks. And I'm predicting that Slaf won't be with the Habs from the get go. Maybe in January.

Bomatane

Oct 10, 2019
Roy has the hands and the IQ to become a great player but he will have to improve his skating. He seems to glide well but he does not seem to have a powerful push. I am not an expert but something looks odd. I think he should do what Patrice Bergeron did at the beginning of his career: take power skating training. I hope Habs will offer this to all their young players.

Reactions: DAChampion

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
McTavish will probably already be a big part of the Ducks next season, I doubt they'll let him go.

While Mesar and Slaf no matter where they play next season should be allowed to go IMO.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
That puck movement. A lot of talent and smart hockey on team Canada this year. Solid team.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
McTavish will probably already be a big part of the Ducks next season, I doubt they'll let him go.

While Mesar and Slaf no matter where they play next season should be allowed to go IMO.

If Slafkovsky is thriving in the NHL there is zero chance that he would go.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Roy has the hands and the IQ to become a great player but he will have to improve his skating. He seems to glide well but he does not seem to have a powerful push. I am not an expert but something looks odd. I think he should do what Patrice Bergeron did at the beginning of his career: take power skating training. I hope Habs will offer this to all their young players.

I've been through this many times but I'll do it again.....Every NHL prospect/player has already had a ton of power skating lessons from top coaches and suggesting that they should consider it as a novel idea is ludicrous to say the least. Sometimes a different coach with a different approach will work but most gains are made due to familiarity with their adult physiology and improved strength.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad