Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Sennecke is climbing the odds. I really hope this happens he will be such a good player
1719442570487.png

Reactions: Kalv

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I've said many times you need a balance of skill and toughness. The top 6 has no toughness whatsoever. Where is the balance? Of course most here want to add Demidov who continues this trend
Who other than Lindstrom would be worth taking at 3OA that fits that description?

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
I've said many times you need a balance of skill and toughness. The top 6 has no toughness whatsoever. Where is the balance? Of course most here want to add Demidov who continues this trend
This is an essential point. Yes, Demidov would be new and flashy and exciting, but his skill set is a redundancy for the Ducks (Zegras). We need to support those skills with someone who can accept his flashy passes and bury them AND stand up when he gets pushed around. To me, that's Lindstrom or Sennecke.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Its certainly not ridiculous to say that small, low intensity, physically frail wingers with average speed dont do as well in the playoffs. With that said, I dont know anything for sure. All I know is that is not the DNA of what PV is trying to build and I dont see him playing well with any of our other top young players because, in my opinion, his production is driven off of individual play.

And I didnt say I would trade him but I would listen. If Sennecke falls to 13-14ish and our scouts love him, that may be worth a trade proposal. I get that it really sucks for us fans but if a guy we really like is there it may be best for us in the long run. That's all I am saying.

I have ZERO interest in trading Zegras for 5OA. He is an incredibly smart player that I think is going to really flourish with more talent around him and more effective defensemen on the ice. I wouldnt trade him for anyone but Celebrini in this draft.

Dont put words in my mouth.
Verbeek literally just signed Terry to a huge extension. Please explain to me how that means he’s not a Verbeek style player.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
A bonus to getting Demidov would be to piss off those annoying Habs fans on the MB. That would be sweet.

You say that now, but after about the 30th proposal to get Demidov for a B prospect and a late 1st you'll want to gouge your own eyes out. It also might amp up the Zegras proposals.

I might actually prefer Lindstrom or Sennecke, let them have Demidov ... And then chuckle if he turns out to not be as good as advertised. Then propose trading Hinds and a late 1st for him.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
You would think that with all the f***ing food reviews Stephens does he'd be on it to know who the Ducks are taking to dinner, wouldn't he?

I bet you he rolls his eyes when he actually has to cover the Ducks.

Dirk - what do you think of Sennecke?

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Not sure what Utah has to do with trading back to 5 with Montreal. I’ll take your word on CBJ being high on him though. If that’s the case and we really like him, I guess you do just take him at 3.

I still think we will pick a D but I’m okay with any of Demidov/Lindstrom/Silayev/Dickinson/Sennecke at this point

There’s risk involved in Silayev moreso than the others in my opinion because I’m not sure he’s more than a 30 point player really. But I trust us with defensemen so I’ll be excited

Agree here. It’s also a little weird that this board has convinced themselves that the Terry of last year is the Terry we’re getting the next 6 years.

As if players never have down seasons and bounce back…
Terry’s great season was his career outlier, not last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad