Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
If Laine comes back by December we will be extremely lucky. I'm just holding hope that it's one of those freak accidents that looks worst on camera than reality.

The shots of him throwing his helmet and being in obvious pain kinda suggests he knew this is a long recovery

I feel so bad for him. All the talent in the world, can't catch a break

Yeah. Him throwing his helmet in the tunnel out of frustration tells me he knows his knee's a mess. It's a shame.

Exactly.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Fingers crossed for a miracle.

He seemed so vulnerable in camp interviews. Just wanted to be happy and healthy. I feel awful for him.
Honestly just leaves you feeling revolted that, after everything he's endured and the recovery process in which he invested himself last year, (I suspect) his season should end before it even begins.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
That sucks so bad. I expect we dig in the bargain bin when the pto are over or players are waived. Or Kapanen stays and play Wing Or Dvorak plays wing and Kapanen takes his place... still, Laine vs Dvorak, life sucks...

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
Minimum 6-8 weeks, If it is a torn Acl out for the year. Pretty reasonable to think his season is done. Going forward I would be very ok with just playing prospects and AHL players in the preseason for the coming years.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Minimum 6-8 weeks, If it is a torn Acl out for the year. Pretty reasonable to think his season is done. Going forward I would be very ok with just playing prospects and AHL players in the preseason for the coming years.
Yup.. might as well battle it out with columbus.. seriously, im already hold8ng my breath w8th Dach, CC and Hutson..

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It was good while it lasted, see you next year big dog.

tiger-woods-big-dog.jpg

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I’ll wait for a diagnosis from a medically trained professional ..
Well as a physician and being able to guess injuries based on mechanism, I can tell you this is ACL +/- MCL until proven otherwise, but we have to wait for MRI to know the grade. I don’t think he comes back this season based on the images we saw but I’d be very happy to be wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad