Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Sennecke probably projects to be a more impactful player than Demidov given his size and skating. I’m ok with the pick if that’s who they want.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
IMG_9151.jpeg
IMG_9150.jpeg

DaGeneral

Sponsor
Apr 15, 2012
If we take Sennecke.. I hope we aren’t trying too hard to be the “smartest guys in the room”.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
This would be so much easier if we had another top 10 pick. All of these players besides Levshunov are so exciting.

Maybe you can grab a Yakemchuk and a Sennecke with another top 10 pick.

Can Fowler potentially garner a 1st round pick?
no one's giving up a 1st for fowler in 2024

Reactions: Deuce22

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Could one argue Terry would be on the block over Zegras? Terry would be ‘older’ for this core
Good point. Demidov would be an upgrade over Terry if everything goes to plan.
Each of the 3 lines can have one of Carlsson, Demidov or Zegras driving the play while one of McTavish, Vatrano, Cutter is on each of those lines to be the shooter.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I don't understand how "being the smartest guys in the room" is somehow a pejorative. Isn't the idea to try to be, actually, the smartest guys in the room? No one knows how these prospects are going to end up. I understand the idea is not to overthink things, but when you're dealing with a lot of unknowns, any little details can possibly help determine who's the next star and who's the next bust.

If the Ducks take Sennecke because he projects to be the best player in their scouts' opinions, then cool. If it turns out Sennecke isn't that great and there were a bunch of things the scouts should have seen but didn't, then get new scouts. Or if it turns out Sennecke isn't that great because this is an incredibly inexact science, then evaluate the scouts' process and, if it's thorough, shrug your shoulders and move on.

I hope that we have a front office trying to be the smartest guys in the room. That's their job.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I don't understand how "being the smartest guys in the room" is somehow a pejorative. Isn't the idea to try to be, actually, the smartest guys in the room? No one knows how these prospects are going to end up. I understand the idea is not to overthink things, but when you're dealing with a lot of unknowns, any little details can possibly help determine who's the next star and who's the next bust.

If the Ducks take Sennecke because he projects to be the best player in their scouts' opinions, then cool. If it turns out Sennecke isn't that great and there were a bunch of things the scouts should have seen but didn't, then get new scouts. Or if it turns out Sennecke isn't that great because this is an incredibly inexact science, then evaluate the scouts' process and, if it's thorough, shrug your shoulders and move on.

I hope that we have a front office trying to be the smartest guys in the room. That's their job.
I think the pejorative is "Trying to be the smartest guys in the room". If they have to try to prove they're smart, they probably aren't.

We don't need to take risks at #3 to get a good player. Look at the draft history of #3 picks in the last decade. Making a safe pick here almost guarantees us an impact player. Going off the board for a home run swing that misses could be a disaster.

Reactions: HanSolo

DaGeneral

Sponsor
Apr 15, 2012
I think the pejorative is "Trying to be the smartest guys in the room". If they have to try to prove they're smart, they probably aren't.

We don't need to take risks at #3 to get a good player. Look at the draft history of #3 picks in the last decade. Making a safe pick here almost guarantees us an impact player. Going off the board for a home run swing that misses could be a disaster.
pretty much this.

Reactions: HanSolo

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If we take Sennecke.. I hope we aren’t trying too hard to be the “smartest guys in the room”.
You pick Sennecke and you ain’t trying to be the smartest guy in the room, you are the smartest guy in the room

When Madden was asked about late risers, amidst his answer, he said:

“You have to look at the season or the previous two seasons as a whole to try to predict what the future five will look like. So that's the way we go about it.”

That doesn’t make it sound like they’d take a “late riser” in Sennecke, who performed better in the second half than the first.

I feel like people are trying to read into maddens comments too much trying to get an idea who we want…. When the reality is all his comments are likely intentionally vague, to not really give any info up

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Demidov would be a really exciting pick IMO, and he's who i hope they take if he's there. Not like Carlsson, but as far as exciting picks go, it's up there

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I have no problem with moving Terry. I dont see how he is going to be an effective player in the playoffs at all. I hate the idea of taking a step backwards but if we could get a mid 1st round pick I would have to think pretty hard. There are some great pieces there that could be very interesting. Would definitely be a risk but the timing is also better with our core.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Good point. Demidov would be an upgrade over Terry if everything goes to plan.
Each of the 3 lines can have one of Carlsson, Demidov or Zegras driving the play while one of McTavish, Vatrano, Cutter is on each of those lines to be the shooter.

That is what I'm trying to gauge - if they pick Sennecke.

Why would Zegras be the guy on the block if a forward is selected? You know what you can get with Zegras. Terry is more inconsistent and shys away from physicality.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Steven Ellis of DailyFaceoff seemed to think the intrigue of the draft started at 4 and he had Demidov to us in his mock, which I thought was interesting. Seravalli did say there might be fireworks before that, though, and I’m not sure how connected Ellis is.

Reactions: Static
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I have no problem with moving Terry. I dont see how he is going to be an effective player in the playoffs at all. I hate the idea of taking a step backwards but if we could get a mid 1st round pick I would have to think pretty hard. There are some great pieces there that could be very interesting. Would definitely be a risk but the timing is also better with our core.

He’s not a playoff type - unless someone can prove me wrong

I listen to TSN Overdrive to and from work. Ray Ferraro yesterday said it best - you can’t win in the playoffs with small, non physical players. You need ‘giants’ out there to handle the physical play. Terry is not that

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I wouldnt mind the Sennecke pick at all. That kid has amazing vision, great handles, great size, and is very slippery. He looks like he will end up as a very dynamic skater with his mobility and great natural stride. If he physically matured at 15 like a lot of his peers I bet he would be a top 5 or top 3 pick on everyone's list. He clearly is still growing into his new frame.

He’s not a playoff type - unless someone can prove me wrong

I listen to TSN Overdrive to and from work. Ray Ferraro yesterday said it best - you can’t win in the playoffs with small, non physical players. You need ‘giants’ out there to handle the physical play. Terry is not that
He is literally the exact opposite of what you want in the playoffs. He also doesnt have good speed so he is even going to struggle handling the pace of the playoffs, in addition to everything you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad