Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
I cannot wait for the "Who will we draft?" speculation to end and the "Why did we draft him?" draft speculation to begin
I know a couple of users on here have a unique "Why would he draft __________, Verbeeks a big dumb idiot who doesn't know hockey, _______ sucks because _________" post prepared for every single player in the draft

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
They really should go with Demidov if he's there. I thought the Hawks were going to go with Demidov when the order was drawn. There's just been so much linking Lev to them it seems like it would have to be a purposeful misdirection if they didnt go with Lev at this point.
And there’s no point for them to be purposefully misdirecting the public. Everyone knows Celebrini is going 1 and then they have their pick. It’s not like they’re trying to get a player to drop to them.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
And there’s no point for them to be purposefully misdirecting the public. Everyone knows Celebrini is going 1 and then they have their pick. It’s not like they’re trying to get a player to drop to them.
Unless they think we really want Levshunov. Enough to trade up to 2 to get him and they still get who they actually wanted in Demidov.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
And the perpetual youth movement continues. At some point, the team needs the young players to grow up and perform instead of grow up to get traded.

Unless something is ADDED to Zegras so we can trade him for an upgrade, I absolutely do not want to trade him for more pieces. Time to let our guys mature and build something.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Unless something is ADDED to Zegras so we can trade him for an upgrade, I absolutely do not want to trade him for more pieces. Time to let our guys mature and build something.

I think it's clear Verbeek won't be trading him for draft picks or unpolished prospects. He seems to only be interested if a team overpays at this point.

He's probably hoping Z rebounds and solidifies his spot as a piece of the core. But until he does I bet Verbeek is hoping a youngish established top line/pairing becomes available in trade. I can't help thinking Brady Tkachuk is a guy Verbeek would really like to get.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I think it's clear Verbeek won't be trading him for draft picks or unpolished prospects. He seems to only be interested if a team overpays at this point.

He's probably hoping Z rebounds and solidifies his spot as a piece of the core. But until he does I bet Verbeek is hoping a youngish established top line/pairing becomes available in trade. I can't help thinking Brady Tkachuk is a guy Verbeek would really like to get.

This is the ideal scenario for me. I want Z to be a long-term Duck.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Unless they think we really want Levshunov. Enough to trade up to 2 to get him and they still get who they actually wanted in Demidov.

Yup. That's what I was thinking when I shared this thought. Get a free asset b/c Anaheim is desperate for RD Lev, whereas Chicago can go either Lev, Demidov, or even Lindstrom. Then Demidov showed up stateside a little taller and a little thicker.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If we pass on Demidov at this point if he's available I'll definitely be disappointed.

All of the big concerns surrounding him have been mostly pushed aside:

He's not short, He's almost 6'1

He's not undersized, He's almost 200lbs

The Russian factor is blown out of proportion and shouldn't even be a thought in anyone's minds after Michkov has now been confirmed for coming over just one year after his draft and he actually had a long term contract in Russia that Demidov doesn't have

I think the other guys in that top 10 will be great players and I'm sure we'd end up with someone great but I think in the end we'd still end up regretting passing up on Demidov
I think the issue is more that things are skewed by playing in what amounts to a Russian junior league and struggled more in the VHL and KHL.

Oct 18, 2011
I really think Demidov needs to be the pick at 3.

None of the guys the Ducks draft are gonna be regular contributors soon (Demidov, actually, might be one of the closest), so position gets thrown out and it’s BPA.

If they want to contend in the near future, they’re gonna need to add a legitimate RHD. The best avenue for that is likely via trade. Between the prospects in tow already and their draft picks, they’ll have the assets to do so.
I tend to agree. I'm wary of taking dmen this high unless they are clearly special, you can find good ones later

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Sennecke is nasty I’m just not sure you take him at 3. I’d love to trade back to 5 with Montreal if they want Demidov. Pick up an extra asset and get Sennecke. Could make sense for both sides. Unless Verbeek knows that Columbus likes Sennecke

In 2 years:

Gauthier-Carlsson-Sennecke
Killorn-McTavish-Terry
X-Zegras-Colangelo

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Sennecke, damn! Our guys have steel balls if that goes down.

artworks-yykx1O2brMI3usC6-8j6jdA-t500x500.jpg

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
This would be so much easier if we had another top 10 pick. All of these players besides Levshunov are so exciting.

Maybe you can grab a Yakemchuk and a Sennecke with another top 10 pick.

Can Fowler potentially garner a 1st round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad