Prospect Info: With the #24 pick, the Wild select (D) Filip Johansson (Allsvenskan, Leksands IF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
i guess stats mean nothing? they don't indicate what a player is capable of? i know its not FJ1's fault he was chosen in the 1st. my complaint has always been he was picked way to high.
Stats indicate what a player has done. They do very little to indicate what a player will do at another level. Obviously it would be much better if he was dominating the current level that he's playing at, but even that wouldn't guarantee future success. Pretending to know the future of a player that you've never seen play? That's beyond ridiculous.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
does everybody drafted make it to the nhl? do players with almost zero stats usually turn it around and tear up the nhl which is the best league in the world? im sure somebody has but could you name a player with worse stats who turned into a terrific nhl player? thanks in advance.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
does everybody drafted make it to the nhl? do players with almost zero stats usually turn it around and tear up the nhl which is the best league in the world? im sure somebody has but could you name a player with worse stats who turned into a terrific nhl player? thanks in advance.
Brodin had almost no "stats" in his draft and draft+1 years.

People will rightfully point out that he was playing in the SHL rather than the Allsvenskan, but then we're not talking about stats anymore. Brodin was easier to follow because we had SHL fans giving us regular updates about how he was playing and what his role was and all that. If we'd just been following his stat line those threads would probably have looked a lot like this one.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
How many goals did Jonas Brodin score in his 2 years in the SEL? How about Ryan Murphy in Kitchener?

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Because a handful of people are complaining about an 18 year old kid they've seen in training camp at best, who plays an important role (top-pairing) for a middling team in a low-scoring professional league few ever watch, and ignoring the track record of Wild scouts in identifying defense talents.

The Wild since 2010 have made one terrible first round pick (Zack Phillips) who was old for his class, played on a team with NHL talents, and was in a crappy league. Overall, the Wild has not only done well with its first-rounders, the team has also identified free agents and late-round defensemen who have played NHL games. Lock this thread. It's not time to discuss this player.
Rough crowd around here.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
i don't know what that means but may i remind posters the hf board rules are to debate not rip , bash & insult other posters.
We're not, it's a joke. People started using "old English" or whatever it's called jokingly. I'm not actually insulting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark